Caroline handed her a pair of black socks that would help hide how far up the pants were. "Well, I'm happy for the two of you." She grinned at Elena, "We're going to be almost sister-in-laws!"

Rosalind slipped on the white shirt, scrunching up her nose. "Is there even an English word for what you two would be, you and Tyler and me and Elena got married? Like, she'd be your sister-in-law's wife, Caroline. And you'd be her brother-in-law's wife. But like, in Spanish, you'd be concuñas while you and me would be cuñadas, Caroline."

Bonnie blinked. "I didn't realize there wasn't a word for that. At least, not a word I know."

"Since when do you speak Spanish?" asked Caroline, who was more thrown off by that.

"I know some," said Rosalind. "My maternal grandmother was Hispanic, from what my dad told me. The 'Collins' surname came from my maternal grandfather. When I was little and I thought my mom and grandparents were dead, I learned a little bit from my neighbors." She clipped the necklace to her shirt. "I wonder what she'd think of all this. What if I actually got saved, 'cause my mom would have been a homophobe, or something? Would have done more damage for her to be in my life but hating what I am." She noticed her friends didn't seem to know what to tell her, so she changed the subject, "How does this look?"

"Great," said Elena, beaming at her. "You make a perfect king."

Rosalind bowed. "And you make the perfect queen."

After figuring out their costumes, Elena joined Rosalind in walking to her apartment to get ready. As they moved through the main path of the school, they came across a young blond sitting next to Megan's memorial.

"Hey," said Elena kindly, figuring this might be someone who knew Megan more personally. He might have insight about her.

He glanced back, seeing them. "Hey."

"I'm Elena," said the girl. "This is Rosalind. Megan lived across the hall from me. Did you know her?"

He nodded. "We knew each other growing up."

"I'm sorry for your loss," said Rosalind politely.

He shrugged, picking up a wilted flower from the shrine. "Pretty sad memorial, huh? Guess it's not exactly cool to mourn during fall rush."

Elena and Rosalind shared a look. "Everyone mourns differently," said Elena. "Some do flowers. Others do what their loved ones would've wanted."

Rosalind tried to stop herself from thinking, 'Some of us go crazy and do things we regret heavily later on.'

"Yeah," said the boy. "Well, what Megan would have wanted was to still be here alive."

"They said she committed suicide."

"Yeah. I know. That's what they said."

Rosalind raised a brow. "Sounds like you think something different went down."

He stood up. "If you care about her, get her sunflowers. She liked those." He began to walk away.

"Hey," said Elena before he could disappear from view. "Do you have a name?"

"Yeah," he said. "I do." He didn't stop walking, and was soon too far away for them to continue the conversation.

Rosalind crossed her arms. "Well, he took that question very literally. He's someone we need to look into. What do you say I scope out Dr. Dickfield and you find out more about No-Name Guy?"

Elena nodded. "Sounds like a plan. Hey, has Damon messaged you any updates about Katherine?"

She shook her head. "No, but now that I think of it, I want to know what's going on with that." She dialed his number. "Hey, Damon, random question, but you do know how phones work, right? There's a little app where you text in group messages to update people all at once because— newsflash— we're not in Mystic Falls anymore but we still care about what happens there."