𝑿𝑽𝑰. 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒚

Start from the beginning

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" Her mother's voice sounded distorted.

"Huh?" Harper said, spinning around. Her mother wasn't standing behind her, it was the old DM of her last campaign.

"You told everyone we just walked out. You knew what happened to us all." He growled, "You lied to our families. Families who are still looking for us."

Harper shook her head and stepped backwards, "No, I..."

"You did." He said, following her, "Our families still believe we are out there." Tendrils started growing around his face, and his eyes grew dark, "Harper you know what you did!"

She spun around quickly, heading in any direction except for him. She ran upstairs towards her room maybe Eddie could help. She swung the door open quickly and then shut it behind her locking it. She turned towards her room and saw no trace of Eddie.

A loud chime of a clock went off.

Again.

And again.

And one last time.

Harper turned towards her balcony, but instead of seeing her door she saw a large grandfather clock. Banging was heard behind the door.

"Harper! Let me in!" The voice was low and guttural, "Join me. Harper. I can help you." The lock on her door turned and the doorknob twisted, "Harper, your time is coming soon." A humanoid creature stepped into the room, tendrils wrap around its body and he points his hand towards Harper, reaching for her head.

"Harper-"

"Now don't hang on. Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky. It slips away-" Harper could hear the sound of music from behind her. Ignoring the manlike creature in front of her she turned around to see her balcony door was back. Behind it, a bright light shone. Harper sent one last glance at who she assumed was Vecna and ran towards the balcony door. She slid it open and walked outside.

Her eyes opened and she let out a gasp.

"I've gotcha Harper. I've got you..." Harper looked up to see Eddie, his arms wrapped around her as she was now on the ground, "Are you okay?" He asked, grabbing her face and looking her over.

Harper nodded rapidly, still hearing the music in her ears, she pulled off her headphones and wrapped her arms around Eddie's neck, pulling him close. Tears fell from her eyes as she buried her face in his neck. Eddie looked around the kitchen before placing one of his arms under Harper's legs and sweeping her off the ground. He carried her up the stairs and into her room before sitting down on the bed, he let go of her legs and she shifted her body so her legs were wrapped around his waist.

Eddie's arms wrapped around her waist before feeling the fear build up in his chest.

After Harper had gone downstairs, she had been there for too long, so he snuck down the stairs to find her. What he saw scared the sh*t out of him. Harper was frozen, slightly lifted in the air her eyes fluttering. Just like he had seen happen with Chrissy.

But he didn't run this time.

He tried everything, but in the end, he didn't know what to do, so he put her headphones over her ears throwing a hail mary.