𝑿𝑰𝑰. 𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒇𝒆𝒓 𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒌

Zacznij od początku

Harper turned around and pressed her hands against the counter, "You think Eddie's guilty? Don't you?" She asked.

"Woah. I believe in innocent until proven guilty, all that constitutional sh*t. I just, you know, don't think we can rule it out." He rubbed his hands together nervously.

Max shook her head, "That's precisely what we're trying to do here, Steve."

Dustin nodded, pointing toward Max, "And maybe we'd have a little bit more luck if you spent less time trying to find a girlfriend and more time trying to find Eddie."

"Well, somebody has to attend to the customers." Steve tried to defend himself.

Harper nodded, "Especially if they're babes right?" She asked sarcastically winking at the boy.

Steve leaned forward pointing a finger at her, "Hey, not fair. Okay? I attend to all customers equally, babes and non-babe alike." Dustin nodded sarcastically, "We've got a very big selection in here, okay? It can be super overwhelming for people."

"Yeah... it can be," Harper said before running over to the computer.

Max looked over at her, "What are you doing?"

Harper typed away at the computer, "Maybe we don't need a last name." She pulled up a list of active accounts under the name Rick, "Twelve Ricks have accounts here."

Steve, Robin, Max, and Dustin leaned over Harper's shoulder, "That's a lot of Ricks." Max breathed.

"So, let's narrow it down." She tapped a few more keys, "Rick Alderman's latest rentals are Annie and Dumbo. What are the chances our drug dealer has a family?" She asked.

Max shook her head, "Not likely."

"All right. Rick Conroy. Sixteen Candles, Teen Wolf, Romancing the Stone." Harper read the screen.

Everyone said no.

Harper moved on to the next one, "Okay, Rick Joiner. Mask, Footloose, and Grease."

Another chorus of no's.

"Rick Kimbrough. The Blue Lagoon and Splash." Harper chuckled.

"Definitely not." Max laughed as Harper moved on to the next one.

"Okay... Rick Lipton. Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Cheech & Chong's Next Movie. Cheech & Chong's Nice Dreams. Cheech & Chong's Up in Smoke." She chuckled, this was the guy.

Dustin smiled, "Bingo."

"Lipton?" Max asked.

Robin nodded, standing up straight, "Spelled like the tea."

"2121 Holland Road." Harper read out.

Dustin spoke up, "That's out by Lover's lake."

"Middle of nowhere." Max continued.

Harper nodded, "It's the perfect place to hide."

The group of five waited for the last customer to leave before walking out the door, Robin turned the open sign to say 'closed' before locking the door and getting in Steve's car. The drive there was silent. Harper was sitting in the back seat with the two kids while Steve and Robin sat in the front. Harper's leg bounced nervously as she looked out the window. The trees grew taller and the sky grew darker as they got closer to Lover's lake. Needing a moment Harper slipped her headphones over her ears and rewinded the tape before pressing play on it. The familiar guitar sound calmed her down. She clutched her jeans, hoping that if Eddie was still there he would be safe.

Harper let out a breath accidentally bringing attention to herself, but she couldn't hear the others.

Dustin looked up at Steve and Robin, "What's up with Harper?" He asked. Steve and Robin shared a look.