The image shifted to show several different weapons that Jaune didn't recognize, he could only assume that they were Cybertronian based on their designs.

The voice continued "However Energon was also used for another facet of life, it was not only our lifeblood but also our fuel. Energon was used to Fuel our weapons, machines, Ships and much more. So as the war for Cybertron was fought between the Autobots and deceptions Energon demand skyrocketed. Not only was it needed to feed the armies of both sides, it was also needed to fuel the weapons used by either side, effectively making Energon the most sought after item on the face of the planet."

Jaune silently took in this information as he analyzed the weapons laid out before him. He vaguely recognize the outline and where the weapon was to be fired from, yet strangely there was no trigger or other way to fire the weapon. Perhaps it was some sort of grip activation weapon?

"I see. A shortage would be inevitable in that case." Jaune stated, still staring at the weapon in front of him "Starvation then? Is that how the mighty deceptions met their end?"

"Hardly." The voice responded "While starvation assisted in it, the deceptions own fall was a result of their own actions. When we were sent adrift into space Optimus left us with enough energon to last us to the nearest habitable planet. The autobots through all their faults, were still naive enough to believe Megatron and his followers were redeemable."

Jaune stood silently and listened, absorbing every word as the voice continued its tale. "Megatrons hunger was insatiable, his desire to oppress those who had oppressed him knew no bounds. Where before he had been a graceus leader, one who wanted equality for all and a good life for his fellow Cybertronian, now he was more akin to the tyrants he wanted overthrown. Something changed within him after he met with the high council of Cybertron."

"Another part of the story you decided against mentioning." Jaune commented dryly "I am beginning to see a pattern."

"It was illogical to go over every minuscule detail as I went over a much broader and more important story."  The voice responded again "regardless of this, The council were the leaders of Cybertron and the supposed 'greatest minds of Cybertron.' In reality they were nothing but pale imitations of the long gone primes, their so called wisdom nothing but the pleas of greedy tyrants desperately clinging to power." The voice call but spat the last part, it's monotone voice conveying a small amount of contained rage.

"And what happened when Megatron went before this council? What did they tell him?"

"That part of the story in unknown and unimportant, all that is needed to know is that the deceptions cause went from a righteous one to a glorified terrorist organization. When Optimus sent them away, he believed Megatron would eventually reform and be allowed to return to Cybertron, he never did."

"So Megatron brought them here? For what purpose?" Jaune asked "that doesn't seem like a logical choice."

"Megatron pushed the limits of the deceptions already finite amount of Energon, desperately shooting this vessel into deep space in hope of finding more sources of Energon, or even weapons he could use to combat the autobots. He was unsuccessful, and the ship was flung into this planet, then crashing into the ice that would become the tomb of the deception cause."

"I see." Jaune replied, keeping his tone level as his head swam with a million questions that would have to wait, for there was one far more important. "You speak of these events as if you were there, which begs the question, just who are you?"