Tech was wicked with getting stuff thrown out and their system of never having evidence on them was very impressive.

A little too impressive.

"Pooda, what's your body count?" She asked since she always wanted to know but never got around to asking him.

Makai turned his head to look at her "You tryna be fed?" He raised his eyebrows.

She sucked her teeth and mugged him "Boy bye! Ain' nobody gon' snitch on yo' wannabe John wick ass" She playfully rolled her eyes.

"I ain' no wannabe love. Ask 'bout me, fuck you talm 'bout" He scoffed. She busted out laughing. "Alright now, don't add me to yo' list" She joked.

He just shook his head "But nah, I think 94 or 95" He shrugged, and her eyes grew "94 or 95?! Stop playin', you killed dat many people foreal? Over money?" She asked.

"No, not all of them were over money. 70 of them and plus my parents were the ones that used to um.. touch me and shit. I had to kill them. I jus' had to, sick ass bitches still had the videos of me and shit" He said bitterly, causing her eyes to soften.

She never asked about that, mainly because she didn't want to bring him back to that dark time with him healing from it so much better than when she met him. 

It was very sick that those people still had those videos. Especially after all the years. She hoped they and his parents riot in the deepest part of hell.

"I'm sorry pooda. At least they are dead and rotting in hell" She scooted closer to him, wrapping her arms around his body.

He nodded "Yep, dead as hell" He smiled making her burst out laughing.

_________________

"What empty store?" Ari questioned, fixing her and Makai's plate of the fancy ramen she made. She saw it on tik tok and wanted to try it. She also didn't feel like cooking so she did something quick and easy.

"The one right where you walk into the lobby. I was gon' put something else right there but didn't kno' what. But Kelly suggested you take it and open up yo' business down thea' " He explained after he set the table for them with drinks and napkins.

Ari had a yikes expression on her face while walking over to the table with their bowls. "Thank you." He kissed her cheek when she gave him his bowl before she sat down in the seat across from him.

"I'on about allat pooda. I can barely keep up wit' the one here" She sighed, then they said a prayer over the food.

She was being honest. She was still iffy after those people stole from her. She didn't think she would be able to run another store right now, especially with her still adjusting to her first store.

"You'n gotta do all the other stuff like the cakes and shit baby. Jus' your regular stuff. " He shrugged, mixing his food around.

"I'on know. This business owner shit ain' for me. How Ima trust people to run that store cause I can't be down there full time. Finding someone I trust is hard Kai, you kno' that" She stressed. She still had bad trust issues when it came to other people, More so worst after they stole from her.

He nodded "I kno' but Kelly, me, and G can help you find someone Suga. You can't not wanna trust everyone forever when it comes to your business baby" He said, she just kept quiet. "Stop lettin' dem li' ass kids hold you back from gettin' your business more out there." He pointed at her.