Chapter 5

A/N: Sorry for the amount of time between updates! I've been busy with a writing workshop and going on vacation. However being so close to the ocean gave me inspiration so I'll probably update pretty soon. Enjoy the chapter!

"Stupid pirates. Always ruining the best of days." You sat on a decent sized rock as Peter paced back and forth, ranting. "You didn't tell me you have pirates here. How did they even get here? Isn't the only way to fly?" You asked. Peter sighed.

"The pirates are... difficult to explain. Their leader, Captain Hook, used to be a Lost Boy. He attacked me one day and in self defense I almost cut off his hand. He ran off into the forest and somehow found a boat or made one. His hand never healed properly. For a while it was stuck at a weird angle that made it look like a hook. Thus the nickname. The other pirates are other Lost Boys that chose him over me. Or, in Wendy's case, a storyteller who chose the villain over the hero."

You paused. Other than you, Peter had never mentioned another girl being here. Then again you hadn't known him very long. You nodded in understanding as Peter held out his hand for you. "Let's start heading back. The boys should be finishing with their tasks by now.

You smiled, taking his hand and pushing yourself off the rock. As you both continued to walk you took a quick glance back at the clearing only for your heart to speed up. A pair of brown eyes were watching you from the tree line. Accompanied by a mischievous smirk. The pirate raised a finger to his lips in a 'be quiet' motion before disappearing into the forest as Peter led you out of view.