"Nah, we made that bet in our last challenge." Reasoned John.

"Oh, I know! The loser has to perform a dare made by the winner." Said Joshua.

"Yeah! That's perfect. And one of you will be doing a dare from yours truly. See ya later." Without giving us any time to process what she said, Nicky shifts into her grey wolf and takes off towards the Pack house, her clothes dissapering into her fur.

"Hey, get back here you cheat!" I yelled back as I shift into my own brown wolf and chased after her with John and Joshua who followed suit.

'Oh she is so going to get it'  my wolf, Verna says in my mind.

' Yes, let's think of how we will have our revenge.' I said to her.

'Maybe we can put super glue in her hair cream so that her hands will stick to her head.' she said.

'Oh, or we could crush and mix some spiders into her jar of Nutella when she's about to eat breakfast. Muah ha ha ha.' I evilly laughed.

' Okaay... let's try something with a little less potential to break our friendship. Like, put some extra spicy jalapeño sauce into her KFC chicken when she isn't looking.'

As I am busy in my very important scheming session with my wolf, I hear two sets of paws close behind me. I look behind me and see that John and Joshua are catching up to me.

Oh no, there is no way in hell I'm gonna let these two beat me. It's already bad enough that I can't catch up to Nicky because she's crazy fast, but I'm not gonna lose either.

A very wise woman once said that second place is better than last. That wise woman being me.

Plus, Nicky is definitely going to rub it in my face and give me an impossible dare. With that in mind, I push myself to go faster than ever to increase the gap between the twins and I. Soon enough, I spot the pack house in the distance and see that Nicky has already reached our destination and has turned back into her human form with her clothes still on.

I seriously still wonder how that works. Like... what the hell happens to the clothes after you shift and how the fuck do they come back?!

'Some things are just unexplainable.' Verna starts. 'It doesn't make any sense to me, and I'm a wolf that is somehow in your head.'

I finally get to the pack house and shift back into my human form. John came after me and Joshua was last. They both shifted back into their human form and turned to us.

"Huh, took you guys long enough. I thought that I was gonna have to wait till the meeting was over before you guys get here." That proud little bit-

"That's because you cheated. I demand a rematch!" Joshua complained.

"Oh please Josh, you're just saying that because you lost. What was that thing you were saying about me never beating you in a race?" I could see the embarrassment on his face at John's remark.

"You guys just got lucky because I injured my ankle during football practice today and I'm still hurt." He tried to cover up for himself.

"Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night." His brother snickered.

"C'mon guys, let's get into the Pack house before we get in trouble with Alpha Phoenix. Again." I laughed as I walked towards the pack house door.

"I'll give you a dare after the meeting, Joshua." Nicky said as she walked behind me.

As soon as I opened the double doors, I was hit with the tastiest smell ever. It smelt like freshly baked chocolate cake. It was so intoxicating.

' Oh my goddess. It smells like our mate, I can sense him close by.'

I froze in my tracks at Verna's words causing Nicky to slightly bump into me.

"Woah. Tori, what's wrong." She asked seeing my surprised face.

"My mate... Nicky my mate is here, I can sense him. And smell him too. It's divine!" I told her as I sniffed the delicious scent again.

"Your mate! If you can smell him then why the hell are you still standing here?! Go find him." I didn't need to be told twice as I ran off in the direction that the heavenly scent was coming from.

I eventually found myself in the backyard of the Pack house, where we are supposed to be introduced to the visiting Alpha. Everyone is already here and have taken their seats as Alpha Phoenix has already started his speech.

Huh, I guess we're later than I thought.

Alpha Phoenix is already introducing the other Alpha, Alpha Max I think, as the visiting alpha walks to the front with his warriors behind him.

To say that he's hot would just be an insult to him. He was fucking gorgeous! And huge, he is almost literally twice my size, and it's not like I'm exactly small.

' Damn, those muscles of his look so delicious!' Verna squealed in my head.

I actually agree with her on this one. He looks like a wonderful treat. I look at him from head to toe. He has beautiful jet black hair and tanned skin. He's got a wonderfully square jaw that's so sharp it could cut through titanium. His brown eyes seem to search the crowd until his eyes met my baby blue ones. His face seemed to harden at the sight of me but after a minute or so he let out a wonderful smirk.

'Oh my goddess Verna. I swear, if I die right now I would be the happiest woman on Earth.'

'Hey, don't you dare talk about dying now. We haven't even tasted him yet.' Horny wolf

"What the hell are you doing Tori. Stop drooling and go to him." Nicky said from behind me.

Well, here goes nothing.

I've found my mate, the one made for me. My soulmate. My life. I'm over the moon.

But why... Why do I have this strange sinking feeling in my chest?