39- Unveiled

Songs: Johnny Drille- Count On You; Justin Timberlake- Mirrors; Chike ft. M.I- Forever.

Ola:

"Won't you get that?"

"What?" he asks, sitting up from the couch and checking his phone. "Oh. No, not important."

"If they call you five times, I think it's important."

Saheed reaches for his phone again, unlocks it, and taps the screen a few times with one hand, the other still in my hair. "It's one of my village people," he dismisses.

"Have they reached the junction?" I joke.

"Seems like," he said with a chuckle.

We return to our position, snuggled up on his couch in his new Lekki home while watching a Marvel movie. Saheed's new place is a four-bedroom modern duplex with a swimming pool, designed by himself. He had kept it under wraps until last month, when he had asked for my participation in interior design and furnishing.

"I started this project three years ago," he had confessed that day. "I just slowed down on it until six months ago. I suddenly wanted my own place, some privacy that Luxury's Finest cannot give me."

But his eyes had completed his statement, because of you. I wanted it to be just me and you, here.

The interior decorating is still incomplete, but we had agreed on spending tonight here, with the single couch in the living room and a mattress on the floor of his master bedroom, some wine and some Chinese takeout while watching a movie until we were both sleepy. 

He takes me by surprise, tilting my face up to his and kissing me deeply. I groan, feeling my toes curl involuntarily.

"How am I supposed to focus on this movie?" I ask when he pulls back slightly.

"Do you know how right everything feels right now?" he whispers, his eyes searching my face.

I shiver at the intensity of his gaze. When Saheed looks at me, it feels like he is looking into my soul, seeking what I cannot identify. My head bobs up and down in a nod, agreeing with him. Everything about this moment feels right, perfect.

"I wish I could describe it further," he muses, his finger tracing my lips. "Ola, life has never been better."

Those amber eyes hold me in place. I touch his cheek, running my fingers over his short beard. He closes his eyes briefly at the contact, leaning into my touch.

"I don't want to ever lose you, Ola. Stay forever. Be mine forever. I will look at no other woman, desire no other woman but you."

I can only make a small, incoherent sound because I am rendered speechless. My eyes threaten to release tears. I take in a deep, shuddering breath as he kisses my palm, his head bent over it.

"Am I making you cry?" he asks, surprised. "I am sorry."

A laugh escapes from me as he rubs off a fugitive tear from my cheek. "No, it's alright, I promise."

"A bit too heavy, wasn't I? Sometimes I lose myself in the heat of the moment."

I sense him retreating, knowing that he is interpreting the sight of my tears as distress he has caused and he can't help himself. Snuggling closer, I tell him, "That was beautiful. I'll stay forever, provided you don't always finish my shampoo."

He laughs, a deep, pleasant sound. "Ola, your terms and conditions have to be negotiable. I can buy a hundred bottles of that shampoo, but it's yours I want. Try another one."