Chapter #7 Finals

When Naruto arrived at the Chunin Exam Arena, all the Finalists aside from Sasuke, Gaara, and Dosu, were there. He wondered why his teammate was late.

"The third round, Dosu vs Gaara, will be cut out of the Finals due to circumstances," Hayate told the Finalists.

"What kind of circumstances?" Naruto asked.

"The Fourth Kazekage has been found dead, as his son, Gaara has become the Fifth Kazekage. And Dosu has been arrested upon suspicion. The first round of the Finals, Uzumaki Naruto vs Hyuga Neji, will commence," Hayate announced. 

Sakura raised her hand and asked her question. "What about Uchiha Sasuke? He hasn't arrived yet."

"He has until his match to show up. If he's still not here by then, he'll be disqualified. Everyone but Uzumaki and Hyuga, please go up to the stands."

"You should give up now, fate has declared me the victor!" Neji taunted Naruto as everyone else made their way up the stands.

"Was that the best bullshit you could come up with? My sensei's excuses sound better than that crap. Did you spend all month coming up with that instead of training?"

Once the match started, Naruto began his onslaught upon Neji, still angry that he had tried to kill Hinata.

"Shadow Clone Jutsu,"

"Wind Style: Great Breakthrough!"

"Heavenly Rotation," Naruto's attack was deflected by Neji's defense. Naruto doubled the number of his clones, with half of them forming hand seals for a Wind Jutsu and the other half for a Fire Jutsu.

"Wind Style: Great Breakthrough,"

"Fire Style: Dragon Flame Jutsu," Neji's defense was canceled by Naruto's attack.

"Earth Style: Rending Drill Fang!" Neji's eyes widened when he saw Naruto burst through the ground and punch him in the chin, knocking him out cold.

Naruto narrowed his eyes as he poked Neji with his foot. He turned his head to Hayate, who was waiting to see if Neji would recover. He didn't.

"Winner, Uzumaki Naruto!" Hayate declared. 

Naruto smiled behind his mask as clapping started in the stands. Looking around, Naruto was crestfallen to see that Kakashi had yet to show up, he sullenly made his way up the stairs.

Temari rode her fan down to the arena, making Hayate raise an eyebrow at her. "It's my match now, isn't it?"

"Nara Shikamaru, can you come down?" Hayate asked the lazy ninja.

'What a drag, maybe I should forfeit.' Suspecting Shikamaru's thoughts, Naruto got close to the Nara heir. "Good luck Shikamaru," He wished as he pushed his friend off the railing, causing him to fall to the arena dirt floor.

"Oops," Naruto said innocently, with the goofy voice he used last month.

After a minute of Shikamaru just lying on the floor unmoving, Temari ran at him with her fan raised. She swung her fan at Shikamaru, but once the dust cloud cleared, Shikamaru wasn't there anymore.

Naruto intently watched the strategists strategize against each other with his Sharingan. Temari just kept avoiding Shikamaru's shadow, as he lured her closer and closer to the hole Naruto made.

Temari had blocked herself from Shikamaru's view as she formulated her plan.

'I'll bait him with the Clone Jutsu, and attack him while he's distracted.' Before she could finish the hand seals for the Jutsu, she found that she couldn't move.