Holtz reached out to take the vase and Erin pushed her hand out of the way, shaking her head.

'No, they have a few more days left in them.'

Holtzmann's mouth pursed, nodding softly and she turned away.

'Thanks again for them,' Erin said, looking at the woman.

'Like I said, anytime Miss Gilbert.'

Erin smiled tightly, noting the warm tone of her voice but the almost cold look on Holtzmann's face and she was confused for a moment, and she opened her mouth to ask if she was okay, but then changed her mind.

Holtz wandered back to her desk, a pang of jealously running through her, and she could feel her body wash with nerves, her mind suddenly racing, and she sat back down at her desk quickly. Talking about a guy she was interested in was fine, it was just talk, but now the reality that Erin was going on a date.  She could feel her eyes prick with tears and she pulled her goggles back over her eyes, looking down focusing on her work. She could feel her throat narrow, and her chest tighten and she cleared her throat loudly a couple of times, humming at the end of each.

Erin noticed the change in the woman's body language, and she licked her lips, pulling them in with her teeth.

'You, um,' Erin began, deciding to speak, and Holtz looked back up, 'are you doing anything tonight?'

Holtzmann shook her head, looking back down, 'No, I'm just going to stay here and work.'

'Patty and Abs are on night shift Jill.'

Holtz nodded, 'Yeah, but...gotta keep busy...you know?'

The blonde leaned further down into her work.

'Keep the mind busy,' she said in an Italian accent, laughing at herself.

'No dates on the horizon for you,' Erin decided to say, watching as the woman didn't look up and she just shrugged, shaking her head.

'No, no one for me.'

'Out of all the offers, no one?' Erin said slyly, but with a gentle laugh.

Holtzmann looked up at her, meeting her eyes and she pulled her goggles up and into her hair.

'No,' she paused shaking her head, creasing her eyes at the physicist, 'Erin, I don't just date anyone.'

'Oh, I know,' Erin said quickly, hearing the annoyance in the woman's voice, 'It was just, it was just a joke.'

Holtzmann continued to look at Erin, her face blank, and Erin looked back, noting that Holtz looked a little hurt. Her sudden change in tone and attitude leaving Erin in a little bit of shock.

'When was the last time I dated someone Er, or I took someone home huh? Tell me?'

'Sorry, Jill, I um, -'

'I haven't in a long time, you should have noticed that.'

'Jill, sorry I-'

'I come home with you guys when we go out.'

Holtzmann looked away from Erin, her tongue sitting at the crease of her lips.

'Jill, Holtz-'

Holtzmann looked back to her, focusing on her, Erin could tell she was hurting, that she had been offended.

'When Erin, when? Tell me?.' Holtzmann snapped at her, 'When did I last have a one-night stand.'

'Jill..'

'Have a good time tonight,' the blonde interrupted, looking down to some papers on her desk, pulling her goggles back down.

Erin nodded, standing up, watching as the woman shuffled the documents, picking up the soldiering iron. The change in Holtz was obvious and Erin hadn't meant to offend her, they often joked about her date offers from fans and she felt upset that this time was clearly different.