A Family Trip to Town and Ice Cream Fun

Start from the beginning

"I see, well, isn't that Papa just up ahead? We can tell him that we're ready for lunch." Annabel said, and when Margot paused, confirmed it was actually her father and ran to him, Annabel waved her hand in greeting and Richard spotted them.

"I thought you'd get more stuff." Richard said when he meet up with Annabel. 

"I have all I need, so I didn't need to go shopping for myself. I just got the kids the pieces of clothings they needed."

"I thought we said we'd go shopping together, after the movie." Maggie said, feeling slightly sad.

"We did, and you are. You'd be bored if you went shopping for stuff you needed, so I did that myself. You can go shopping for stuff you want, there's a difference." Annabel's lips tilted upwards at the happiness in the kids eyes.

"Can I get some toys? I need some." Sam asked.

"Are toys a need or a want?" Annabel asked, and they all began walking down the side walk together, headed to the toys store.

"What do you mean?" Sam asked, not really getting the difference.

"A need is something you need in order to survive. Water, air, food, shelter, and clothes. Some people have a few more needs than others, and a want is something that you can live without. Extra toys, books, clothes, cars, basically things that make your life more enjoyable. Things you want." Richard said.

"Oh, well then I want a toy." Sam said, understanding what the difference was.

"How'd I explain it?" Richard asked, whispering to Annabel. They were both walking behind their children to keep a better eye on them.

"Couldn't have said it better my self." She reassured him and they side fist bumped each other.

"Have I told you already? But you look rather ravishing darling." He grinned and placed a hand in her back pocket of her shorts.

"Richard!" She gasped in slight surprise but kept her voice down. Her cheeks burned up, but she didn't make a move to remove his hand from her behind.

"Lunch after toys?" Margot asked and slowed down so she was walking in between them and Richard reached down to hold on to his daughters outstretched hand, taking his hand off of Annabel.

"Sure sweetheart." He warmly smiled at her, but he still had a cheeky look on his face.

Annabel lightly tapped his bum, which got him to squeeze them in surprise, and she walked up ahead to join in on Maggie and Tams conversation like she did nothing.

He got all tingly on the inside and extremely happy that she was being silly with him. Everyday she gives him a new reason to fall in love with her all over again.

*

"I'm stuffed!" Tam groaned and fell back in her chair.

"George's missing out." Sam said.

"He's with his girlfriend." Maggie said girlfriend in a funny way that got both the twins to snigger and laugh.

"When are you getting a boyfriend Maggie?" Margot asked and Annabel immediately put her hands on Richards lap and put her weight into them, effectively stopping him from jumping up and causing a scene.

"We will not be talking about boyfriends in front of your father. And what makes you think that if Maggie got a boyfriend we'd tell papa?" She said and Richards head snapped to her and his jaw dropped in shock.

"Annabel! You wouldn't tell me!?" He gasped and looked very hurt.

"Not if you're going to cause a scene, I'm not." She said and took her hands from off his lap. "I'll find a way to slowly bring it up to you though."