Chapter 1 - We're Back Baby

We've been going to Cousins Beach for as long as I can remember. It's always the same. Belly pining over Conrad, me and Jeremiah playing pranks on each other, and the boys getting into the most fun, the most trouble.

"GOD, I WISH YOU THOUGHT THIS THROUGH BEFORE I WENT AND FELL IN LOVE WITH YOU!" Belly 'sings' it's really more like yelling though.

"Jeez, can you tone it down a bit, Bells? My ears can only handle a little bit of Olivia Rodrigo you know that!" Steven complains.

"There isn't anyone who can't stand hours of Olivia Rodrigo." Belly Jokes. I raise my eyebrows at her claim, I'm already starting to get a headache. Don't get me wrong, I love Olivia's voice, she's really talented, but I can only handle so much of her heartbreak songs.

"Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree on this one Belly, you can turn it down a little," mom says from the backseat where she's riding with Belly.

Steven pulls into a gas station for a snack break, and we all get out except for mom, who told us exactly what she wanted. I immediately head to the chip aisle and grab some sour cream and onion potato chips. Then I grab myself an Arizona Tea.

"You new in Cousins this summer?" I hear the cashier guy ask Belly from the counter. 'Damn Belly, you go sis' I think while I'm picking my flavor of tea. Don't judge me, there are a lot of good ones, it's hard to choose!

"Uh no, I come here every summer." Belly slightly chuckles.

"Huh, I thought I knew everyone in Cousins. Anyways, are you coming to the bonfire tonight?" The Cashier guy asks.

"Uhm, maybe! I'll think about it." Belly says with a smile, but I can tell she sounds slightly uncomfortable so that's my cue to head over. I quickly grab the flavor of tea that caught my eye the most and walk over to the counter. I place my stuff down and get out my card.

"Hey! Is this your sister? You guys are a hot pair." The cashier guy says. Now I'm uncomfortable and just trying to get the hell out of the gas station.

"Can you hurry up and ring me up? We're kinda in a hurry." I say sternly but politely.

"Uhh yeah of course." The cashier says, I can tell he's a little surprised by my tone, "Here you go, ma'am," He hands us our stuff and we walk out.

Belly murmurs a quiet, "Thank you." and we get inside the car to finish our short drive to Susannah's beach house.

Susannah and my mother, Laurel have been best friend's since they were nine. I aspire to have a friendship that lasts as long as theirs's has someday, but I only have a few other friends other than Belly and Steven, who doesn't really count because she's my sister and he's, my twin. I kinda have it with Jeremiah but I've also had romantic feelings for him since I was like ten so...yeah.

As soon as we reach the driveway of the beach house, I get ready to open the door and run out to hug my favorite people in the world.

I race out as soon as I feel the car stop and I can hear my mom calling out, "Cassidy slow down!" I jump into the welcoming arms of Jeremiah, who lifts me up a little and twirls me around.

"Hey," I say, looking at his already tan figure, summer hasn't even started yet, holy shit this boy tans fast.

"Hi Cass!" He says excitedly, "I've missed you," He leans in and whispers so only I can hear, not that anyone is around.

"I've missed you too." I stand on my tippy toes to whisper in his ear. I'm not that short, I know a lot of girls who are like 5'2, and I'm glad I've got three more inches on me. Jeremiah is just tall, he's 6'1, so excuse me if I have to stand on my tippy toes to reach his ear.