"And you must be Valentine." She said, stepping forward. I met her halfway and was surprised when she pulled me in for a hug, and I gladly returned it. "I've heard nothing but beautiful things about you."

"I hope so." I said, glancing at Charles and giving him a glare when he was biting his lip to keep himself from laughing. "Will you be joining us at the harbour today?"

As planned from yesterday, Charles and I were heading to the harbour. I extended my stay for another day and would be leaving tomorrow to fix some stuff for work. We were slowly going to announce the details of the film and I scheduled a dinner at my house for the main cast so that we'd get to know one another.

"I'm afraid not." Pascale smiled, shaking her head. "I just came here to check on Charles since he refused to let me visit after the race."

"Because I already told you I was okay." Charles said, stepping forward and placing an arm over his mother's shoulder.

"Yes, but I'm your mother, Charles. It's my job to worry."

"My parents are the same." I said and I saw Pascale listen intently as I talked. "It's mostly my papa but my mom has her fair share of moments." I went through talking about how mom freaked out during my first trip abroad without either of them. I think she was close to booking her own flight and accompanying me since I had just turned nineteen back then.

"I don't want to place this on you, but would you mind looking after him during the races?" Pascale said as we both stayed in Charles' backyard. He went in for a bit to get us some drinks to beat the Monaco sun.

"I'll try my best. Even I can't calm myself every time he gets into that car."

"I understand what you mean, dear." She said, placing a hand over mine and squeezing it. We were wrapped up in silence for a few minutes, appreciating the view, until Pascale spoke once again. "Charles tells me he's told you about everything that happened."

I nodded my head solemnly and offered her a smile. "I'm so sorry about your husband."

Pascale waved a hand but you could still see the pain in her eyes. It hasn't been long and it would definitely be painful to lose the love of your life so early on.

"He's up there watching over us." She winked, pointing at the sky and showing me a soft smile. I'm briefly brought back to every victory of Charles where he does the same thing before getting out of his car. "You know, Hervé would've been fond of you."

"Why is that?" I asked, placing my chin over my hand as Pascale lovingly talked about her husband.

"He loved watching movies, even when we were still young." Pascale leaned back and set her eyes on the horizon. "We went out to watch a film for our first date and we've been doing it every year during our anniversary. I believe we've watched one of your father's films a few years back."

"He'd be happy to hear that." I grinned, thinking how papa always engaged in conversations with people who watched his films, hoping to get comments whether or not they were positive or negative. "Papa is kind of a romantic himself."

"And you?"

I was taken aback by the question but I showed Pascale a soft smile. "I am." I said and she nodded in understanding. "I feel like everyone is. Being a romantic isn't just about feeling love for that one person. It's finding love in every single person and thing around you, seeing hope where you never thought it would be. Personally, I'm the type to be a closet romantic but I wouldn't be afraid to share a few things outside of my private life."

"Privacy is considered as a treasure in your life, yes?"

"Definitely." I quickly answered and Pascale laughed along with me.