Chapter 40

The race calendar for this book is being based on the 2022 season but I am mixing up the occurrences in each race.

What did you guys think of the sprint race yesterday?

Enjoy!

*****

It's a good thing we arrived in Montreal early because the weather was crazy. Rain poured non stop and it didn't help that the track and paddock were in the middle of the lake so everyone had to pass through this bridge. It would've been fun except for the harsh winds that would make your body freeze.

I was wrapped up in a thick jacket as we stayed in the hospitality for the qualifying session. What surprised me was that Charles didn't partake in the third session, choosing to stay in the garage as he analyzed the data they received from free practice as well as Carlos'.

"Why isn't he driving?" I whispered to Elliana. Milo was at the garage but I had to lower my voice since the hospitality was packed. The rain was still pouring outside so everyone was indoors instead.

"He has a penalty because of some power unit changes, so Charles is starting at the back of the grid tomorrow." My mouth fell open as I looked at the television where the camera was zooming in on Charles, face focused on the computer in front of him. "He's going to need a miracle if he wants to win."

Elliana and I crossed the paddock to get to the garage after receiving a frantic text from Milo. When we arrived there, he was leaning against the wall outside of Ace's room.

"What's wrong?" I asked, wiping the sleeve of my jacket that got wet because of the rain.

"I'm going to do it right now." He said, taking deep breathes as he glanced at the garage.

"What are you talking about?"

"Ace told me I have the green light on how we're going to announce this weekend and I'm about to do it." Milo said in one straight face before walking to the garage. I felt the nerves creep into me as we followed behind him. The garage was busy as Ace just returned from the grid where he did interviews after achieving pole for tomorrow.

The mechanics helped him get out of the car and he walked over to his race engineer and Toto, removing his helmet and balaclava. Oh my god. How is Milo going to do this? Elliana and I stood by the side as the couple met on the other end of the garage where Ace kept his spare helmets and personal belongings. I glanced by the entrance of the garage where a camera was filming the current pole sitter and I already knew what was going to happen.

Ace smiled at Milo as he approached, his lips moving as he spoke. Milo didn't speak back and instead, cupped Ace's cheeks before connecting their lips. It took a second for Ace to recover but soon enough, a smile formed on his face as he kissed Milo back, hand settling on the other's hip.

Elliana and I were both sporting grins as we watched the couple who pulled away from one another, Ace planting a chaste kiss on Milo's lips. Behind them, Toto and the other mechanics noticed what was happening and smiled before shaking their head at the loved up pair, returning to their work. The cameraman outside was obviously filming everything and I knew that this would be all over the internet in a few minutes.

"They're going to hunt me down later at the TV pen." Ace said as Milo smirked back at him.

"Don't worry. You handle everyone on the paddock and I'll deal with the internet."

"That's not fair." Ace pouted as he sat down on a chair and drank from his water bottle.

"Why not?"