"Josie, we have the cells for a reason; she's too dangero-" Alaric spoke before he got interrupted.

"I don't care! Her bones keep reforming, and she can't finish her transition! She must be free, and we both know that! Unlock the damn cell, NOW!" Josie spoke with a tone she was never used on her father before, shocking both her father and Jed.

"Fine, step aside," Alaric told Josie and Jed while Hope was screaming in pain. He unlocked the magic chains of the cell with a secret hand gesture. As soon as the door opened, Hope stormed into the woods, accidentally pushing Alaric to the wall.

And Josie was right again. As soon as Hope was out in the woods, she could complete her transition, with the pain finally stopping. Being in the woods was the freedom Hope needed, as she started to run until late in the night when her legs ran out. Josie sighed in relief, happy that her tribrid was finally free.

THE NEXT MORNING

When Hope woke up, every muscle of her body was aching. She was naked again, but at least this time, she knew that this was actually her room. Memories of last night were rushing threw her head. How her bones were crashing, the excruciating pain she was feeling, the freedom of running through the woods in her wolf form, but most memorably, the person who fought for her freedom. Josie, she was extremely grateful to Josie. Her train of thought got interrupted by the immense hunger she felt. After taking a quick shower and getting changed, she went to the cafeteria to get some food, realizing it was already lunchtime. There she saw Josie sitting with the other members of who she was told call themselves the "super squad."

"Hope; how do you feel?" Josie asked, not hiding the worry in her tone.

"Better, thank you so much for everything, Josie." Hope thanked her, still in disbelief of last night's events.

"Anything for you, Hope," Josie replied, unable to hide her smile as she said these words. The sincere way that Josie said it confused the tribrid, but she did not question it. The brunette gave her a sense of comfort. Deep down, she knew she could trust, and last night proved her intuition right.

But one thought did not disappear from the tribrids brain.

"How did you know exactly what I needed?" the redhead asked before Josie was about to leave for class, getting the siphoner's attention.

"As I told you before, I've known you for a very long time; memories or not, you've always been free, as a witch, as a wolf, and as a person." Josie simply answered, leaving Hope hanging and confused. At that moment, Hope only had two thoughts on her mind. First, 'I need to show Josie how grateful I am.' and secondly, 'Not having my memories is EXTREMELY ANNOYING!'.

LATER THAT DAY

As Lizzie was closing her locker (A/N: Let's pretend SBS has lockers for a moment - N) she was met with the face of the tribrid, making her jump in her slight scare.

"Hello, Lizzie." Hope greeted her.

"Jeez, Hope I know you had a wolf run yesterday, but you don't need to sneak up on me like that," Lizzie said in her teasingly fashion.

"So you've heard what happened?" Hope asked the obvious question.

"Yes, Josie told me about it when she got to our room," Lizzie said in a surprisingly neutral voice.

"Speaking of your sister. She has been helping me so much lately, and especially after yesterday, I want to do something nice for her and show her how grateful I am to her. Does she have any dietary restrictions or something I should know about?" Hope asked the blond Saltzman twin.

"Are you serious?" Lizzie asked in an amazed tone, that Hope couldn't understand where that was coming from.

"Yes, I thought a picnic would be nice," Hope answered with a smile.

"Well then. What you should know is that she's vegetarian, and she's allergic to seaweed." Lizzie answered.

"Amazing, thank you, Lizzie." Hope quickly hugged the blonde goodbye.

TWO HOURS LATER

Hope:

Meet me at the place where you found me on my first day :)

Josie:

Do you mean the old Mill?

Hope:

Yes, exactly that one :)

Josie was surprised to receive Hope's message. Not having any clue what was about to happen. She was always happy when school was over for the day. Now she was even more excited that her last class ended in 5 minutes.

What Josie saw as she arrived at the old Mill made her heart start racing. In front of her was Hope, looking as beautiful and breathtaking as ever, sitting on a blanket with food and drinks spread around it, including pancakes and fruits. (A/N: #RedeemThePancakes)

"Hi, glad you could make it," Hope said with a cheeky smile as she saw the surprise on Josie's face.

"OMG, Hope, was is all of this for?" Josie asked, hardly able to speak.

"You, Josie Saltzman, have been the best and most supportive person I know ever since I've arrived here. You have been there for me, patient and understanding with me, no matter how grumpy I can get." Hope stood up to take Josie's hands in her own as she started to speak. "I want to show you how grateful I am to you."

Josie couldn't believe this. She would do anything for Hope. The tribrid being so sweet without even knowing how much that would mean to her made Josie fall even more secretly in love with Hope. At that beautiful moment, she didn't care that Hope didn't remember because it somehow felt like old times. (A/N: I know I'm very much teasing right now, but everything will be revealed at the end, don't worry - N)

Hope could feel that Josie needed a hug. When their arms embraced each other, it felt like home. Although it might've only lasted a few minutes, to them, it felt like an eternity, both never wanting to pull away.

"You really didn't have to do all of this," Josie said when she pulled away, still lingering with her arms around Hope's waist.

"Josie, please, don't. You've done so much for me. I would literally be lost without you. Please let me do this for you and show you how grateful I am. Let me do something for you this time." Hope reassured Josie, softly wiping away the little tears that fell from Josie's eyes, making her realize that she was crying tears of joy and overwhelm in Hope's arms.

Hello everyone,

I actually wrote the first part of this chapter at the end of May but haven't had time to finish it until now. As I said, A LOT happened in my life recently.

Anyway, I finally found time to finish this chapter, and as I announced before, I will finish this story quite soon and not write any more stories in the near future. There are a few things that I want to include before it is finished, approximately 2 or 3 more chapters.

I'm sorry that my Hosie stories tend to be so short. But my busy life and the fact that Legacies is over have taken my time and passion for writing Hosie stories. Therefore I apologize in advance if this story feels a bit rushed. I would rather read new updates of very good Hosie stories in my very little free time.

Let's see how much more I can write until life becomes increasingly busier again starting August 1st.

I HOPE you're all safe, healthy, and doing well.

Lots of love,

-N