Chapter Two

After we got married, we argued quite often. So often in fact, the neighbors called the police on us because they thought I was murdering my wife. 

We obviously made up but I'm not sure our relationship was the same afterwards. In hopes to re-aliven our marriage, we bought our favorite animal as a house pet. A finch.

I think she genuinely enjoyed the birds, the birds names were Apollo, Artemis, Theo, and Boris. Of course, Apollo and Artemis were named after greek gods because that was also a very common study between the two of us. But. Theo and Boris? They were named after the book and movie called "The Goldfinch". We both sat down and watched it one day and fell in love.

My beautiful wife, Jenny, wasn't the best person. She would always tell me, "You're very lucky Mr. Wisdom! I don't think I would be your wife if you gave me a different pick up line the day we met.". I told her a stupid science joke. "Are you made of copper and tellurium? Because you're CuTe!" is exactly what I told her. I think she just understood that I was quite desperate. 

Then, all of a sudden. I was in the hospital. Was I dying? Which, of course, I was. I had stage 4 cancer and didn't know. I guess I just didn't catch on to my symptoms, which were quite obvious. Then. Beep. Beep. Beep. BrRrrrRrRRRRRrrrrrrRRrrRrrrr. "No!!" Someone sobbed. "My baby!!!!" another said. All I saw was white. 

You know that myth saying when you die, you see your life in repeat? Kind of like a music playlist except with real life scenes that you've lived through.  Well, its true. I saw my whole life sink into a deep dark pit right infront of me. Almost like I wasn't there. 

I tried to save my life, but it slipped.