TWENTY THREE

September 1st, 1992 | 1:23pm

"You better back the fuck up!" I yelled at one of the girls that was trying to pop Eric's buttons off of his shirt. Eric thought it would be a good idea to throw a third annual Wet and Wild Pool Party.

This party might've been acceptable while he was single, not while he's with me. He lied still on the beach chair. Women swarmed him as he sat there with a red solo cup in his hand. "Be easy, now." Eric waved the girl off with a smile. "You, come here." Eric said to me.

I walked over towards him, mean mugging the women. I dressed to fit the theme. I flipped my bikini top that was white upside down and tied it to expose my cleavage. I wore high cut bikini bottoms tied on each side and raw hemmed Daisy Duke shorts that were unbuttoned and unzipped. An anklet with 'Eazy' on it and white flip flop sandals.

I sat on Eric's lap. He took my Versace shades off of my face and laughed at my facial expression. "Baby, you got to chill. It's all for promotion. I don't want none of these bitches." Eric said low into my ear. I heard every word clearly over the speaker system. The girls that were swarming him kissed their teeth in unison.

"You better act like you don't. You know me, Eric. I'll shut all of this shit down." I said with a fake smile and a tilted head. I snatched my Versace frames from his hand and put them back on. "Now, if you'll excuse me. I've got guests to tend to." I leaned in for a peck and brushed against his lips lightly before standing up.

"Find me later!" Eric yelled over the music as I was walking away. I threw up the peace sign behind my head as I walked through the hundreds of bodies in Eric's backyard.

I walked over to the jacuzzi area where Yella was filming a woman lifting her soaked shirt over her head and exposing her breasts. She shook them in front of Yella's camera while sticking her tongue out. Yella was enjoying every moment. I shook my head at his antics and continued walking around the premises.

I caught Tonya dancing on Ren from the corner of my eye. Her bob was now past her shoulders and highlighted honey blonde. Her swim suit was a red two piece. She followed my idea by wearing her shorts undone with red flip flop sandals. She wore an anklet with 'Lorenzo' on it. We planned it over the phone before the party.

I didn't want to bother her, so I continued to circle around the party. Terry, Tonya's brother, was shirtless and wearing swim trunks and open toed sandals. His gold rope chain was his only accessory. He was talking to a group of women by the main pool. Smiling, showing his gold fronts. He noticed me and nodded at me. I nod back and smile.

The DJ was spinning all of the new songs and even some Death Row cuts. I would catch Eric by the pool, rapping along to the words of Nuthin' But A G Thang and laughing during the chorus, mimicking Snoop's gestures as a joke. Yella put the camera in Eric's face during the song and let him perform the song on film.

I leaned against the back of the house with my solo cup in hand. Slowly sipping my cocktail and watching the slew of people party the day away. I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked up to see who it was.

"What's up, Loc?" Quik said with a smile. He was good friends with Eric and almost like a little brother to him.

"Nothing much, Blood." I said jokingly, hugging Quik with one arm. "You look out of place. You good, sis?" He leaned down to ask me.

"I'm good. Just peeping the scene." I said, nodding my head to the beat of the music. Quik pulled away after I finished speaking and took a sip from my cup. I smacked his shoulder and snatched my cup back.

"The hell you doing?" I yelled.

"Seeing what you' babysitting on." He laughed. "The fuck is this? A Sex on The Beach?"