FIFTEEN

June 10th, 1991 | 11:09amLauren

I sat on the balcony of my hotel suite. Watching the ocean waves crash to shore, only to come back and crash again. Stress was building up on me. I went from being an independent, single woman working a great job to Eric's on call 'woman'. It was beginning to feel more of a job and less of a relationship.

'Can you do this favor for me? Can you pick E up from school? Can you stop by my mom's?' It had all got tiring for me. Besides that, I was picking up extra hours at work for extra cash. Eric had gotten busy since the release of EFIL4ZAGGIN and we hadn't been physically intimate since the night he had that meeting with Suge.

I didn't mind the alone time, but I did miss Eric. I knew that what I wanted from Eric was a lot to ask. To be an actually boyfriend to me and not just a man that calls me his woman and has me running errands for him around the city. I needed a breather, to get away from it all for a while. I requested vacation time off from my job and booked a round trip flight to Mexico.

I sparked the licorice blunt that I had pre-rolled and inhaled the weed smoke into my lungs. Exhaling, I watched the birds fly by my window. It was my second day here in Cabo and I was enjoying the weather. Talking to the locals with the little Spanish I had picked up in high school.

It was peaceful to me. No long distance calls coming to and from my cellphone and no one knew my hotel room number. Just me, myself and I. I smoke what's left of my blunt before ashing it. I walked inside of my suite and lied down on the cotton bedding, flicking through channels.

Most of the channels were in Spanish, but few channels were in English with Spanish subtitles. I found myself stuck on MTV. Appetite for Destruction's music video was coming to an end. Eric stood in front of the camera and pressed a button, blowing up the car behind him. I watched him walk towards the burning car before the music video faded to an interview with NWA.

"That was NWA's latest music video Appetite For Destruction, here on Yo! MTV Raps. We got the fellas here right now, coming live from Los Angeles. For those that don't know, why don't you let the people know who you are!" Fab Five Freddie passed the mic around.

"I'm Dre, the doctor. Compton's in the hoooouse!" Dre yelled into the microphone.

"MC Ren, the Ruthless Villain in full effect for ninety-one!" MC Ren grabbed the microphone from Dre and pointed at the camera.

"Yella Boy in the house!" Yella said into the microphone before passing it to Eric.

"Eazy-E, the Hip-Hop Thugsta." He said in such a cool tone. He made a fist to the camera before passing the microphone back to the host.

"That's what it is! So fellas, you made it to the Billboard charts. How you feel about that?" Fab Five Freddie asked the guys.

"It feels good. It'll feel even better when we get that plaque, you know what I'm saying?" Ren said to the host. Yella smiled.

"I heard that. Now, Eazy, we heard that you've been working on your solo album. Can you tell us about that?" The host put the microphone close to Eric's face.

"Oh, yeah. Well, uh, it's called Temporary Insanity and it's coming soon. It's coming!" Eric said, making a motion to the camera as if he was getting himself off. The guys laughed behind him.

"Alright, alright. You know we got kids watching!" Fab Five Freddie stood in front of Eric, blocking him from being filmed in a joking manner. "Hey, don't go anywhere! Matter 'fact, Eazy, kick the next video off for us!" Fab Five Freddie passed the microphone to Eric and moved from in front of him to be filmed. The camera pans in close on his face.