Part 4

.

.

.

Lucas walked into class alone the next day

Lucas walked into class alone the next day. Everybody stared at him walking in with no friends as he quietly sat down, trying to avoid all the stares sent his way.

As Mr Clarke started the lesson, Lucas angrily dumped his bag on the ground, glancing at the two empty seats beside him, and sighed

"Mental,"  he thought, opening his science book.

Those two were most definitely hanging out with the weirdos rather than him.

.

.

.

Dustin plopped his stack of books on the front desk loudly. The librarian Marissa abruptly looked up from her book and shushed him.

"This is a library, Mr Henderson," she whispered, then added more questionably. "Shouldn't you be at school?"

"So sorry," he apologised, rather loudly. "I am here to borrow some books."

Marissa looked at his stack. There were about 16 books, 15 about the different languages Aisa had (since he didn't know what country the girl was from), and one atlas.

Marissa eyed him. "Mr Henderson, you know the rules. Five at a time."

"Yes, yes, yes I know these are well over five... however."

Dustin inhaled, preparing his speech.

"I am on a curiosity voyage, and I need my paddles to travel."

Marissa eyed him again.

"These books," Dustin continued. "These books are my paddles."

The librarian wasn't buying it.

"Five."

"At."

"A."

"Time."

Dustin sighed in defeat, then narrowed his eyes past her.

"What the hell is..."

When the librarian's back was turned, he grabbed his books and made a run for it.

"Mr Henderson!"

"I need my paddles!" he yelled, escaping out of the library.