Chapter Fourteen: The Sun The Moon And The Panic

Start from the beginning

"Uh. What do you mean."

"I heard bob yell something about a Colby? He took off before I could get to him but he sure was loud." He rolled his eyes.

"Nobody just a stupid boy." I shook my head.

"Was he the one who hurt you?"

"Uh," I looked around anxiously. I looked at my watch and saw there were 5minutes left in the period.

"It's almost time for lunch, we should head back." I stood up but he gently grabbed my wrist.

"Kiara, if he's the reason you got hurt I-." He started but I cut him off.

"No soda he's not." I lied. "Just please leave it okay? I'll tell you when I'm ready to talk about it." I said. He looked at me for a moment before sighing and standing up.

"Alright." He said, grabbing my hand and interlocking outs fingers.

"Oh," I smiled. "Why are you holding my hand?" I laughed.

"So you don't fall." He smiled, leading me down the bleachers.

"Oh!" I laughed.

** 5 minutes later we were walking through the halls and the bell rang. We let go of our hands, and walked to lunch. I couldn't stop smiling.

As we walked in, soda took his usual seat next to Steve and I took mine across from pony.

"Hey pone." I said still smiling.

"Hey kie." He smirked and put his head in his hands.

"Anything new?" He smiled wolfishly I glared at him.

"No, except my math teacher doesn't believe I was in the hospital." I smiled sweetly.

"Are you for real?" Johnny said.

"Yup!" I rolled my eyes.

"What a bitch." Two-bit said.

"You got that right." I grumbled laying my head on the table.

"Kiara." Someone said. I looked up and met Johnny's eyes.

"Johnny." I mimicked his tone.

"Your not eating again." He whispered.

"I'm not hungry, I had an apple earlier." I groaned.

"Kiara. Your lying. Your loosing weight."

"No im not I'm as sticky and short as ever. And I'm not lying." I said, then looked at Steve who was talking with soda and there other friends.

"Steve!"

"What?" He said

"I had an apple this morning right?" I said pointing to Johnny.

"I don't know I wasn't paying attention." He furrowed his brow rolling his eyes, then turned back to his conversation.

"Your no help." I grumble looking back to johnny.

"Look. I'm not lying so just leave it alright?" I said as nicely as I could.

"Mhm alright." He grumbled and turned away.