| comfort |

you were laying in bed, flicking through the channels on your tv when you heard a slight tapping noise.

you turned the volume down and waited, trying to see if it was apart of the show you were watching.

a few seconds later, you heard a few more taps, this time they were slightly louder. you looked around wondering where the sound came from.

you walked over to your window and open the curtains, jumping back slightly when you saw a face, looking back at you.

it was your boyfriend, steve harrington. his face was all bloody and bruised. he smiled at you weakly and waved slightly.

you quickly opened the window and helped him inside. "oh my god, steve, what happened to your face?" you asked concerned, closing the window after he came in.

"oh, nothing. just a little fight, nothing to worry about." he said, calmly. you walked over to him and gently cupped his face with your hands. he closed his eyes and leaned into your touch.

"oh steve. who did this to you?" you asked, stroking his face with your thumb. "billy." he replied. "i was going to pick up lucas from the arcade because he was there with max and billy was there. he was just being an asshole to lucas, i stepped in and then one thing led to another and boom." he explained, gesturing to his face at the end of his sentence.

you sighed. you loved how much he cared about the kids but you hated seeing him hurt. you led him to the bed and sat him down. "stay here, i'll be right back." you said, kissing his forehead and walking out of the room.

you were home alone, your parents/guardian was out of town for work. you walked into the kitchen, grabbing a bowl and filling it with water. you grabbed a cloth making your way back upstairs.

you sat the bowl and cloth in your room before walking to the bathroom and taking a first aid kit from the cabinet.

walking back into your bedroom, you picked up the bowl and the cloth and made your way back to steve, who was sitting on your bed. you sat beside him and crossed your legs over each.

steve turned to face you. you dipped the cloth into the water, wringing out the excess water. you gently grabbed steve's face. he winced in pain.

"this'll hurt a little." you told him as you placed the cloth onto one of his cuts. he groaned as you washed the dried blood off around his open wounds. you felt horrible knowing he was in pain but you had to help him. you dipped the cloth into the water, taking as much of the blood off the cloth as you could.

you did this a few more times before all the dried blood was off of his face. you then started to clean his open wounds. this caused him to wince and draw a breath in through his teeth. "i know, baby. i'm sorry." you said, apologetically. after cleaning his wounds, you put everything back where you got it.

you gave him a can of coke from the fridge to hold onto his lip to stop the swelling. he smiled at you, not caring that it hurt. he held out his arm, signalling for you to sit next to him. you smiled back at him and sat beside him, resting your head on his shoulder.

he wrapped his arm around you, rubbing his hand up and down your arm. he turned to look at you. "thank you." he said. "i honestly don't know what i would do without you, y/n." he took the can off his lips and pressed a light kiss to your head. you smiled at him, wrapping your arms around his waist.

"stay here tonight." you said to him, turning your face to see him. "i have some clothes that belong to you in my closet, you can change into them and i'll get those bloody ones clean in the morning." you told him. he smirked. "why do you have some of my clothes in your closet?" he asked you, obviously knowing the answer. "because i... borrowed them and forgot to give them back. shut up, steve." you replied, getting all flustered. he laughed and gave you one last squeeze before taking the clothes out of your closet and going to the bathroom to get changed.

you also quickly changed into your pyjamas, slipping under the covers. steve walked in a few minutes later, smiling as he saw you. you lifted him the cover and steve quickly got under with you. he pulled you towards his chest. you lay your head on his chest, wrapping your arms around his waist as he wrapped his arms around you, rubbing your back soothingly. you hummed in contentment. you turned your head up towards him. he smiled and gently held your face in his hands, as if you would break if he put the slightest amount of pressure on you. he stroked your cheek with his thumb and leaned down, making your lips meet. the kiss was short and sweet, steve's hands never leaving your face. you both pulled away, resting your foreheads against each others.

"i love you so much, steve harrington." you whispered.

you saw his lips curl into a smile.

"i love you so much more, y/f/n." steve said, kissing your forehead.

"not possible." you told him, pecking him quickly on the lips before resting your head back onto his chest, holding him close. he placed his hands in your hair, stroking it as you went to sleep.

——————————————————————————-
950 words