ten

the adrenaline rushed through his arms and body, his ears blocked out the noises that surrounded him as he focused on his target.

he clenched his jaws in attempt to stop his mind from wandering to all the distractions around him, a sly smirk overtook his plumped lips as his hands struck down onto the target.

a faint ding erupted the silence in his ears, "congratulations sir, you can pick out any of the stuffed animals over here." the fair employee spoke, boredom seething through his teeth.

"soobin, i didn't know you were that strong!" yeonjun complimented, going over to pick out a stuffed animal that soobin had won for him. while walking past to get on the ferris wheel, yeonjun had mentioned wanting a stuffed animal.

and for soobin, that give him the perfect time to win something for the adorable blonde. "what can i say, i do a lot of heavy lifting." soobin replied, a smirk on his lips as he watched the boy pick up a brown teddy bear.

it had been two weeks since their last date, and the two had been with each other everyday. doing nothing more than falling for the other more and more.

so soobin, being the kind person he is, decided it would be a nice date idea to bring yeonjun to the fair. simply because he knew the latter enjoyed things like this, and it was perfect for him to ask him to be his boyfriend.

"thank you, come again." the worker mumbled, soobin arched his eyebrows and intertwined their hands. "do you like it?" soobin asked, a small pout on his cheeks. "i love it, thank you binnie." yeonjun replied, giving soobin's hand a tight squeeze.

the two continued walking, maneuvering their way through the crowded lines. making their way to the ferris wheel, a perfect place for soobin to ask the blonde.

as the two waited in line, soobin took the time to admire yeonjun. his blonde hair slowly fading out, as his natural colored roots shown. a faint pout on his full lips as he watched the line go nowhere, his eyes shining brighter than anything in the world.

"why are you staring?" yeonjun asked, a faint blush creeping across his chubby cheeks. "you ask this everytime you catch me looking at you, and i tell you everytime. it's because you're absolutely beautiful." soobin responded, whispering the last part quietly but loud enough for the blonde boy to hear it.

"i know, i just love hearing you call me beautiful." yeonjun responded, "next!" the worker called out. the two were so caught up that they didn't even know the ride had stopped.

the two giggled, and stepped onto the ferris wheel. "thank you soobin, for being here. giving me the best time i've had in a while." yeonjun said, while resting his head on soobin's broad shoulders.

"anything for you love, i'm glad i've done a good job." he responded, tightening his grip on yeonjun's tiny hand. scared that if he let go, yeonjun would disappear.

the ride started moving, and the two gazed out at the nightly sky. all the stars littering across the sky, as the two reached the top. all the nerves swiveled down in the depths of soobin's stomach, he was really about to do this.

"y-yeonjun." soobin said, grasping yeonjun's attention from the sky, "yeah?"

"these past few weeks have been amazing, and i-i was wondering if you'd like to be my-" but before soobin could finish his question, the ride came to an abrupt stop. causing the two to stop in their tracks, all the lights across the fair turning off.

"soobin, what's happening?" yeonjun whispered out, his bottom lip quivering at the sudden power outage. "i don't know, but don't worry it's okay. i have you. you're safe with me." soobin reassured, bringing his body closer to yeonjun's shaking one.

"it's okay."

yeonjun felt the tears brim his eyes, he went to say something just for the lights to come back on.

they were met with a horrible sight.

a frail body laid below, screams erupted in terror as their eyes fell on the body that was laying on the ground. the name bin etched across the grass in purple spray paint.

what the hell, soobin thought. confusion seeping through his skin.

what was going on?

who was this second serial killer?

did they know he was here?

what was happening?