you pick up your wand as you fingers slightly trace the textured wood, "swish and flick" everyone choruses.

"good. oh, and enunciate. wingardium leviosa. off you go, then"

you look back at your feather, about to swing your wand, but your attention turns to ron as you watch him try to do it, fail, and then swing his wand down like a mad-man.

hermione stops him, "no, stop, stop, stop! you're going to take someone's eye out. besides, you're saying it wrong. it's leviOsa, not leviosAR. " she corrects.

"you do it then, if you're so clever" ron scoffs.

"go on, go on"

hermione rolls her eyes, "wingardium leviosa", and just like that, her feather starts to fly up.

your lips part and you awe, beaming at hermione, cheeks flushing in awe.

"woah, hermione! good job! that was so super duper cool!"

she smiles bashfully, her face flushing red.

you hold your wand forward in excitement, "wingardium leviosa!" - just like hermione's, your feather flies up into the air, you beam happily, shaking hermione's arm.

"i did it! did you see?"

she nods with a wide smile.

ron looks at both feathers in shock, along with all the other students.

flitwick smiles excitedly, "ohoh! well done! see here, everyone! miss granger and miss kanroji's done it!" he laughs again, "splendid!"

you grin timidly, cheeks going red.

"wingard leviosa" seamus sighs out.

"well done, dears" flitwick says, only to get startled by an explosion, once again, coming from seamus's desk.

you feel a jolt in your breast pocket, slowly turning slightly to the side opposite hermione when the others were distracted.

you coo softly at duck, rubbing his hand.

he sniffles slightly, having been startled by the loud noise.

you kiss your finger then poke his head with it, sitting back normally.

YOU WERE WALKING WITH HERMIONE OUT OF CLASS, CHATTING HAPPILY TO EACH OTHER, SHARING INTERESTS

hermione was telling you of some of the books she read, while you listened with great interest. you also were yapping to her about magical creatures, though making sure not to let slip about duck, which was honestly quite hard.

talking of animals, obanai had just been lurking about the grounds, though he was usually with you, only during classes he would wander around and would often wait outside your classroom door for you.