━ twelve

-ˏˋ ━━━━━━━ ˊˎ-

decisions and panic.

MIKE AND CHRIS were insistent about taking Josh to a secluded shed where they could tie him up and leave him in the cold

Florence, however, tried her damndest to convince them that doing that wouldn't make anything better and it wouldn't bring Jessica back.

Mike wanted justice for Jessica and Chris wanted vengeance for what he did to Ashley and what he put them through.

Florence understood their anger and she understood why they wanted to do it, but she couldn't stand for more violence, not after everything she had been through.

Mike had ordered Sam and Ashley to keep Florence in the lodge, for he knew that if she went with them, she would end up convincing them to let Josh go.

Florence loved Josh, she never stopped, and as angry as she was with him, he was sick. He was obviously off his meds and had some kind of fight with his therapist who the Washingtons had entrusted with Josh's mental stability.

His therapist and taking his prescription medication were the things that made his mental health the strongest, Florence was just there to hold him up when he needed it. And now, with him not taking his meds and no contact with his therapist, he was sick.

She blamed herself for everything because she didn't noticed that he was off his meds when she should have been the first one to notice.

She was supposed to be the one ensuing that he was doing okay and taking hid meds at all times; she made that promise to his parents after the twins disappeared.

Because of her guilt, Florence refused to leave him alone in a time like that, even after everything he put them all through.

So, she stayed with him.

Mike and Chris had tied Josh's hands behind his back and were now pushing him through the desolate, snowy woods with Florence directly on their heels.

Mike shoved Josh forwards, a yelp escaping his lips.

"Mike, stop!" Florence jogged up to Mike and shot him a glare.

He was taking his anger out on Josh even though he had nothing to do with Jessica's death and Florence wasn't having it.

As much as Josh did have to answer for, he didn't kill anyone and he didn't have the heart to do something like that — even when he was off his meds.

"Guys!" Josh pleaded, turning to face Mike and Chris only to be shoved again. "Seriously guys this is crazy, you know?"

"Shut up." Mike snapped, stopping in his tracks.

"Why'd you hit her, man?" Chris demanded, referring to Josh knocking Ashley out by hitting her. "Why'd you have to fucking hit her?"

Chris lunged at Josh, punching him across the cheek.