━ ten

-ˏˋ ━━━━━━━ ˊˎ-

the traps.

FLORENCE, ASHLEY, AND Chris had discussed how they all began to feel strangely about searching through the Washington's basement

Although they were trying to find Sam who could potentially be in danger with the maniac running around, they didn't know for sure that she hadn't left the lodge before they made it back. If she had gotten to safety, unbeknownst to them, and they were down in the basement then they could be vulnerable to more of the maniac's tormenting and violence.

It frightened them — not knowing who the maniac was targeting now or what he was going to do next; it made their skin crawl.

The unknown had always been one of Florence's biggest fears and it was beginning to feel like the maniac knew that.

Yet, despite their unending fear regarding the maniac's next move and the lack of knowledge on Sam's whereabouts, they continued the search for their friend in case she was stuck in the basement and in need of their help.

As they moved further down the hallway, Ashley found two batteries that had jumper cables attaching them to timers labeled 'lights' and 'tv'.

Little sparks occasionally zapped, tendrils of smoke trailing from the batter signifying recent use.

What Ashley had suggested previously about the maniac recording them and doing things to them just to watch them freak out as a sort of twisted experiment began to make more and more sense.

They walked into a room that served as a bar with a table an empty liquor bottles in it, knowing all too well that it was another setup strategically placed by the maniac.

Once the door slammed behind them and locked them in, their suspicions were proved to be correct.

Ashley whimpered in fright, yet still forced herself to look around for any clues as to where Sam could be or even who the maniac was.

She found pictures of each of them stuck onto a cork board with pushpins, some of their faces scratched out or scribbled on.

"That's us." Ashley sobbed, shining her flashlight over everyone's picture.

Florence noted the way Emily's eyes were crossed out, her heart dropping as she realized what it could mean. She prayed her suspicions were incorrect. "I hope Em's okay."

Chris came over in hysteria. "What is this, like a fucking hit list? Christ."

Florence inhaled deeply, trying to calm herself down.

There was nothing they had to prove that Emily was hurt so she hoped there was nothing to worry about, especially since she was with Matt. Despite all of the arguments they had, they still cared about one another and Florence knew that if they were in danger they would take care of each other.