Chapter 8 - Date A Plan

Start from the beginning

"How about I feed you instead?" I ask.

"Huh?!" Natsumi straightens, with a fierce blush on her face.

"Here." I use a fork to pick up a piece of the egg. "Say 'Ahh', Natsu-Chan."

As my fork draws nearer and nearer to her mouth, her blush strengthens more and more, she also begins to shake. Soon, it reaches her mouth. The small Spirit's face becomes serious and wraps her lips around the fork, then eats the egg.

"T-That was good." She stutters out, her face still crimson.

"Ara Ara~ I didn't know your face could get that red, Natsu-chan~" Kurumi teases.

"Yeah, it makes you look really cute~" I join in with the teasing.

"Mmmmmm! This is too much!" Natsumi yells as she bolts out of the dining room and into the hall.

"Guess it was too much for her?" I turn to Kurumi and ask, a grin on my face.

"Guess so."

The two of us begin eating in silence. I figure we'll have to save some for Natsumi for after she calms down. I'll have to apologize later for all that.

"Say, do you have any plans for today, Issei-kun?"

"Yeah. I've been kinda passive in meeting Spirits, so I figure this evening, I'm gonna go on the offensive."

"How so?" The black-haired Spirit asks, tilting her head.

"I'm gonna raid a secret DEM base and rescue our friend 'Material A'."

Kurumi's eyes widen in shock, before relaxing. "Oh course you'd know where she is."

"Yeah, I also know her angel, Rasiel can't tell you anything about Mio."

"Wait, really?" Kurumi asks, dead serious.

"Of course. Mio made the Sephira Crystals, why would she leave a chance to reveal herself?" I ask, rhetorically. Kurumi sits, silent in contemplation. "Don't look so down, Kuru-chan. I can't stand seeing you like that." I reassure her, knowing she was looking for Nia for a while. "Besides, though I don't know where she is, I know more about her than most."

"Hmm. You're right." She says with a small smile. "So where is she?"

"A DEM base at Neryl Island, in the Pacific. Usually it'd be guarded by Adeptus 2, but it's guarded by Adeptus 1 for the next few days." I say, taking a sip of juice after.

"Ellen Mathers, huh?"

"Figured you'd know about her. Anyways, Nia, or rather 'Material A' is being subjected to the worst torture imaginable, and has been for the past 5 years or so."

"Why?" Kurumi says, angrily.

"They're trying to Inverse her. People think you're evil? Some of the shit they've done to Nia would make you gag in disgust."

"Unlikely, I've done some rather cruel stuff, Issei." No '-kun' huh? She's really serious.

"Sure you leave piles of gore in your wake, but you don't make people suffer." She raises and eyebrow. "Okay, you don't make people suffer too much." She nods. "But you've never grinded a persons limbs down to nothing on what essentially is a big nail file, centimeters per second, then healing them back to normal. You've never performed open-skull surgery on a person while they're conscious.

You've killed people, yeah, but you aren't cruel, Kurumi. These assholes? They make the shit you and Mio have done look like a child's temper tantrum." I finish my point, staring her in the eyes with dead seriousness.