18; Little Boat House

━━⛥⌒*゚

Sam helped Bucky out of the car, a small smile inching over his lips. They were halfway there. After a twelve hour drive his legs were slightly numb and his back ached. Their little air bnb was nice. They both had to admit, they didn't like Virginia. Between the hate symbols they saw inching into the state, to the fact that there was nothing to see for miles, they weren't very impressed.

This place was different, though. They were staying at a farm. Inside was the coziest bed they'd ever laid eyes on, little notes from the owner saying how happy she was they were there, and a modern but rustic looking decoration. The wood was painted black on the inside, and a small table on the farthest wall had a coffee station. The little capsules from the Keurig were made by local coffee shops, and a handful of them were pumpkin spice.

Sam wouldn't tell anyone that it was his favorite coffee flavor; it was admittedly embarrassing. However it was a godsend that there was pumpkin spice coffee in the middle of summer.

Bucky stood and stared at the decorations. He admired the chaos art hung up beautifully on the wood; drawings of beautiful women and their bodies, feminist sayings framed up and hung under a fake animal skull. He noticed when they drove in that just in front of their mini house was where they kept the cows. Brown, fluffy, and cuter then anything Bucky had ever seen.

A light rain had set over them. The drizzle lazily pattering above them on the ceiling. Bucky didn't say a word about the one bed, if he was being honest, he wanted this desperately. His eyes sank over to the cows outside, huddled together under a tree to shield from the rain. Poor things.

Alpine stretched out before lazily finding her way onto one of the giant pillows, curling into the cool satin. Despite the "no pets on the bed" rule, they smiled at her, and ran their fingers through her black fur. Bucky was glad they were able to bring her with them, not a lot of places allowed animals. Especially cats.

Apparently Sarah and her boys had a dog. They'd have to see how that would play out, Alpine liked people and animals but if the puppy was too loud or excitable, they'd have to think something through.

" I love this place, I stay here every time I visit my sister Sarah." Sam hummed as he fell onto the bed, sighing at the feel of the mattress under his back. " The lady that owns this place makes muffins every morning, she says I'm her favorite guest."

" Don't know why she'd say that, you're a handful." Bucky teased.

The drive had worn them out, so he didn't protest as he sank on the bed beside Sam. Bucky bent down to pull off his shoes, and sprawled on the mattress with a shaky breath. The bed was heavenly. Another twelve hour drive tomorrow and then they'd be at Sarah's. Bucky tried to imagine what she looked like but he couldn't really put a finger on it. Too tired.

Sam slowly turned on his side to face him, his eyes drooping tiredly. He reached out to cup his cheek and offered a little smile. Bucky's eyes filled with that puppy dog expression and melted into the warm palm on his face. He sighed and allowed a little smile to inch across his lips.

" I'll drive tomorrow," Bucky said softly as positioned himself on his side. Big beautiful eyes inching up to gaze deeply into Sam's. "It's not fair you did all the driving today."

" Are you sure?"

" Yeah, I'll drive the rest of the way."

Sam hesitated, his hands slowly grasping his hips. He was gentle bringing Bucky into his arms, pressing their foreheads together carefully. Sam listened to the quiet sigh that left the man, and inched his fingers into his long hair. He undid the bun on his head and smoothed out brown locks with ease. His hair was always silky smooth, soft to the touch and smelled so good Sam could almost faint.

" Do you wanna get breakfast before we drive tomorrow?" Sam whispered, kissing his forehead.

As Bucky nodded lightly he felt a leg wrap lazily around his waist. Sam looked down at him, his breath shaking and eyes focused on his heavenly lips. They were like waves crashing against a shore, heavy and passionate, only to sink back into their respective places. As Sam moved even closer his lips tingled with anticipation, watching Bucky let out a quiet pant.

" You know," Sam mumbled, a large hand gripping his chin and guiding him to look into his deep brown eyes. "They say the moment before the kiss is the thing that reels you in.."

Bucky laid there, desperate to finally connect their lips, hanging on to Sam's every word. Large arms wrapped tighter around his hips and drew him in closer. The warm body against him had his mind whirling uncontrollably. He nudged his nose against Sam's, until he finally obliged. Perfect lips pressed against Bucky's and he sighed happily, his heart bursting inside his strong chest.

Their kiss was warm, and perfect. Soft lips moved against his, drawing little gasps from Bucky.

They laid like that for a long time, lips moving and breath shaking. Until Bucky's eyes got heavy and he pulled away to bury his face into the man's neck.

Sam smiled to himself, kissing his cheeks, even though the stubble tickled his skin. He reached down and pulled the blankets over their bodies, arms squeezing tighter and tighter. A single gap wasn't allowed between their bodies, body heat and the fluffy comforter feeling perfectly warm.

☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆