A safe place.

Gillian's pov:

Monday went extremely quickly, I was heading out of the school when I noticed the familiar long wavy hair on the car park. She had just come out of detention with me and it was getting dark now.

"Everything alright, sweetheart?"

"My fucking motorcycle isn't working." Clearly annoyed, I walked up to her. Putting my hand on her hard softly I felt her tense up for a second before she relaxed into my touch.

"Come on I'll take up back."
"Wait I, not going home though."

"Well I'll drop you off at your friends where your staying."

"No no it's fine I need to go home and get some clothes anyway."

"I'm not taking no for an answer honey."

Getting into my car I could tell she has something on her mind, something worrying her.
I place a hand on her thigh, stroking it ever so gently. She left out a heavy sigh as I drive down the road.

"I lied." She finally speaks up. "I lied about... staying at a friends. I didn't want to worry you but I've been sneaking in my house to get my clothes and I've been sleeping at a bench at the park.

I was speechless.

Didn't she not like being at my house with me?

I trusted her to be honest with me.

"Baby...why?" The air was thick with tension.

"I-I always feel like I'm in the way, l-like I am just a waste of space in everyone's life. I've always felt like this."

I glanced over at her. Her head was down with a single tear escaping. I wish I wasn't driving right now because I'd give her the biggest hug ever. It pains me to see her like that.

"You know darling, you're never in the way when you're with me. If we're being honest, when you left the other day, I felt lost. Like you're the missing piece.

We both smiled at each other before I pulled up outside Olivia's house.

"Shit, he is here." She sounded shaky.

"Come on, I'm not letting you go in alone." I quickly got out if the car and went round to open their side of the car.

"What? No no, please. It's not safe, say here."

"Baby, it's not safe for you to go in alone. He won't say anything if I'm there with you."

I held her hand tightly. She gave mine a squeeze at we walked up to the door. Her hands were shaky as she tried to put the key through the lock.

"Let me, baby" I say as I place my hand over hers, getting the key from her. "everything is going to be okay, I'm right by your side." I reassure her. 

"I cant thank you enough." she sighed, looking deeply into my eyes. I could get lost in her orbs all day. 

she slowly opened the old wooden door to show dirty old carpet and the same colored wallpaper. it looked so dark inside. The strong smell of vodka and cigarettes' hit me as i walked through into the living room. 

It was quiet, oddly quite. 

Olivia made her way upstairs, into her room I presumed. As she took one step at a time, trying to be as quiet as possible, the subtle sounds of something banging against the wall made itself known. Olivia acted like she couldn't hear it. She made a face every time the old staircase creaked as she took another step further up the stairs. 

As i got to the top of the stairs, it become obvious that someone was having sex in the bedroom closest to us. The moaning become louder and the banging.