Just A Normal Day

Gillian's pov:

Another day, another dollar.
Today was another boring Monday. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and everything about it. I love how I'm helping shape young peoples future and lives. Many need it.

As I get my self ready for work, brushing my long blonde hair, I observe how exhausted I look. Waking up at 6 am everyday is not doing my appearance any good. I used to be bright and free but now I'm just trying to get from day to day and not fall asleep a 8pm. I quickly grab my chanel handbag, my school paper work that I was marking last night and head out of the door.

I was always at work on time. I guess you can say I am a control freak, especially when it comes to my career. I've worked so hard to get where I am today that I don't want to mess anything up.
Checking my phone before driving off, I notice I have 3 texts. One from my mother who was just checking up on me, and the other two off Adam, my ex. I roll my eyes as I read his message:

"please baby, I'm sorry I messed up, but people make mistakes!"

"I know I will have to earn your trust again but if you could just meet me at the cafe down the street, I would love the chance to explain everything to you."

This man makes me so angry. "Mistakes" he fucked my best friend in our bed and he calls that a "mistake". I ignore his messages for now and text my mum back. 

I soon arrive at southbank high, preparing myself for another normal day of being a teacher.

Olivia's pov:

Fuck this, fuck everything. How dare my foster parents make me move to a whole new high school.

I got kicked out of my last school just as I was going into the last year. I cant wait to leave the shit education system.

I'm late already for my first day, 8:10 am and school starts at 8:00. "Shit" I mutter to myself as I jump out of bed. My foster parents will kill me if I mess this up again. I quickly get ready, throwing a black oversized hoodie, black jeans and some new doc Martins on. Not caring that I look homeless, I jump onto my motorcycle, ready to make all my teachers hate me.

"Hi, my names Olivia Holt and I'm new" I say to the receptionist. She's quite old, late 60s I'd say, she seems like she hates her job to be honest. She slowly gets the paperwork for me and gives me my timetable.

"Here you go, fill this out with all of your contact details and go to your first lesson quickly, you're already late." She says bluntly. Fuck her.

First lesson of the day was English with Miss Anderson apparently. The school is quite big so I take my time walking through the halls, trying to find the right classroom.
A5 one door reads, this is the one. I peek through the window of the door trying to see what my teacher was like. I notice her bright, soft, blonde hair through the window. She was quite tall and slim, with a perfect side profile. She was hot. I've never been nervous around women before but something about her makes my heart beat faster. I take control of myself then get the courage to knock on the door.

I stand back, waiting for the blonde haired women to open up.

The door suddenly swings open, revealing the most beautiful woman I've ever saw. I swear my jaw dropped. "Hello, I'm Miss Anderson, and you are?"
Fuck I've forgotten my name.

"O-Olivia Holt."

I quickly say. What the fuck? I stuttered. I never stutter. Where's all my confidence gone?

"We'll Miss Holt, you're late. But I suppose this being your first day I will let you off." She says quite sternly, maintaining eye contact with me. She's so beautiful, is all I could think to myself.

She walked into the classroom and I followed closely behind her.

Well this is going to be fun.

Thank you so much for reading the first chapter of "yes, Miss Anderson?" I hope you will enjoy the rest of the book! If you have any advice or ideas for my writing or this story I would love to know what you think😊💕