Chapter 66

◢✥◣

◥✥◤

◥✥◤

"What's the plan for today Mr.Joestar?" calling that out from where you walked you couldn't help but smile cheekily at the partial glare your words received, more towards the addition of you referring to him as 'Mr.Joestar', something you noticed bothered the man- more specifically when you used it.

Teal hues narrowed towards your expression before softening right away, the older man opening his mouth to respond to your question. "The boat we chartered from the Speedwagon Foundation yesterday should be at the harbour by now..." His words began to trail off as someone stepped out in front of the group.

Perking up at who'd appeared Avdol took a step forward. "What is it? Do you need something more...Polnareff? Asking that the Egyptian man's eyes settled onto the ivory-haired man, noting that it looked like he'd been waiting at the dock for a bit.

Casting his gaze across the group the white haired man spoke, "I didn't thank you for freeing me from Dio's grasp yet. "

At that Avdol made a small gesture towards the ebony haired man beside him, "For that, you must thank Jojo." "Don't bother." hearing Jotaro's interruption, Avdol let out a laugh. "It appears no one will accept your thanks..."

Sucking in a breath Polnareff released it into a quick sigh, "That's fine. I'm not the forceful type. But one more thing..." Approaching the group the man began speaking, more specifically towards Joseph as he raised a hand faintly motioning towards the older man. "Monsieur Joestar, I have a bizarre question to ask you."

His tone of voice became serious and Joseph could only furrow his brows faintly, raising a hand to rest beneath his chin, "A bizarre question?"

"Pardon my curiosity, but I noticed you refused to remove your gloves while eating earlier. Your left hand wouldn't happen to be the same as your right, would it?"

"Huh? My left hand, a right hand?" Holding them out in front of him Joseph's gaze trailed from one to the other trying to think over why such a question was asked. "That really is a bizarre question. What are you getting at?" Lowering down his hands the two of them seemed to stare at one another, the air growing slightly dense from the intensity of one side.

"I'm searching for the man who murdered my younger sister." Visible surprise spread out through the group as Polnareff continued, "I've never seen his face...but, I know he has two right hands."

Pursing his lips together Joseph raised his hand removing the glove from it to show his prosthetic hand, the fingers flexing in place. "My hand was lost in battle fifty years ago."

Looking down at the ground, Polnareff apologized. "Pardon my rudeness. I'm sorry."

Taking in a breath you spoke up asking what you assumed Joseph was also about to ask. "Do you mind telling us what happened?" It was simple and meant with no malicious intent, you could tell the others were also wondering what had happened to the french man's sister.