Chapter 21: The Best News You Could Have Given Me

Start from the beginning

"Just don't forget about me."

"That's not possible."

He leaned down to connect our lips, kissing me tenderly as he caressed the back of my hair. We moaned softly as our tongues pressed together, me feeling as though we were in our own world. He pulled away first, brushing his thumb across my bottom lip and rendering me speechless.

"I... I... What I'm trying to say is... I'm glad you came tonight," he finally finished.

"I'm glad I did too," I lightly smiled, us making out until we knew it was too late to stay out.

"Here is the turkey," Irmelin proudly announced that Thursday. She had been cooking all morning while Leo and I watched the parade on television.

"It looks perfect," I happily smiled.

"Thank you. I was afraid it might not be cooked enough, but the thermometer checked out okay. Your deviled eggs look delicious too."

"Thank you," I warmly smiled.

"So, are you going shopping for Black Friday tomorrow?" We passed the food around as I answered her.

"No, I haven't made any plans. What about you guys?"

"No, but we do have a surprise for you. We thought you might like it."

I felt confused as her and Leo gave each other knowing looks, him unable to keep from smiling.

"Your parents agreed for you to stay here the whole break. They know I keep an eye on you and Leo, and they know how much you enjoy being here."

"That's the best news you could have given me! I don't have any of my things though."

"You can pack after we eat. Your house is just next door," she reminded me, which I forgot in my excitement.

"Oh yeah. Wow, I'm so happy about this."

"I am too," Leo grinned, giving me a loving look that made me blush.

"So, who wants whipped cream on their pie," Irmelin asked once we were done with the main course.

"I do," I chimed in.

"Me too," Leo added, her giving us decent slices.

"Do you want to play a game after this? I have Aggravation at my house," I remembered, feeling hyper since I was so excited about staying.

"Yeah, I haven't played that game in awhile, but it was fun when I did," Irmelin admitted.

"Yeah, I always play it with my family. My mom and her sisters get competitive," I giggled quietly.

"We might get that way too," Leo smirked, causing me just to smile wider. We walked through the lingering leaves, since he had recently raked, to my house after lunch.

"Should I pack heavy duty boots? Like will the tree farm be muddy," I asked as I sorted things.

"Nah, unless it rains it should be fine. It's made of all grass."

"Okay... What time are we leaving?"

"Pretty early to beat the rush, so maybe eight? It's not a long drive."

"That's good. We probably have to pick up Clementine and Tobey though, right?"

"Yeah, but they live close too. Alyssa?"

"Yeah?" I turned my head as I pressed my folded clothes into my suitcase.

"You're really pretty," he said, his face transforming to a bright red.