22. Kiss me more.

Start from the beginning

           I coughed and pulled my head back.  Fuck, what was I thinking?  I looked down at the table and started eating again like what I did a minute ago didn’t affect us both. 

         “So,…” Lucas started. 

          “If you are done shall we go?  I am kind of tired.”  I said and cracked my neck for emphasis. 

          “Okay.”  His tone was low and hurt but I couldn’t muster enough courage to look up at him.

         I don’t need to treat him badly but then again I was the one who was kidnapped for a month and even though he was not a part of it, I am not going to trust him or his species that easily. 

        I made sure to keep my eyes away from him when I got up.  “What about the bill?”  I asked and went to take the wallet out of my jean jacket.  His palm closed around my hand, stilling me.

          “No need.  The food’s free.”

         My eyes furrowed.  “Even though he is your friend it is not nice to sit and eat free meals.”  I chastised and looked up at him reluctantly.

         He grinned down at me, a single dimple popping out from his right cheek.  Why does he have to be sinfully attractive?  “Do I still have to pay if I have half of the share in this restaurant?”

          My mouth opened in surprise.  “You didn’t tell me you were a shared owner too!”  I accused. 

           His lips twitched.  “It’s because I am not.  I am just a silent partner.  He keeps all the profits and losses.”  He explained and opened the balcony door. 

         I was confused but just nodded my head in thanks and went down the stairs.  I wanted to break out in hives just thinking about going through the rowdy crowd out front. 

           “We can go through the side door,”  Lucas said coming behind me. 

           “Oh ok.”  He moved to the kitchen and nodded at a couple of staff before going left to another door that opened to the parking lot directly. 

         “Why didn’t we come through this door?”  I questioned. 

         “Because someone was eager to go through the front.”  He said jokingly. 

          I narrowed my eyes at him but I had a smile on my face while I shouldered past him outside the door. 

          I kept walking towards the passenger side of his car when I heard his footsteps following me to the other side of the car instead of him unlocking the door.  I whirled around to see him walking steadily towards me.  I took a couple of steps and my back hit the car door. 

          My breathing increased when he was just an inch away from me. 

         “What are you doing?”  I asked.

            “I… I want to kiss you.  May I?”  He asked leaning towards me, breaching my personal space and bringing in his wonderfully unique pine scent.  He smelt like fresh forest pines, refreshing and new. 

            He asked me the question but still, he was the one who looked confused standing there looking at my lips and waging war against himself. 

         “I know I shouldn’t but I can’t stop.”  He breathed those words against my lips but he still didn’t kiss me. 

      My lips were parted and my mind was woefully clear like someone sucked all my thoughts out.  The tantalizing smell in my nose and his body heat made me crave his lips on mine.  Made me crave more.