"Thank you Matt," he smiled warmly at Matt before narrowed his eyes at me, “and you, better listen in class, unless you want detention, “then turned back to the board and continued the lesson. 

I inhaled deeply to calm myself down. The nervousness inside me didn't come from the threat from the teacher, it was from Matt. I was so deep in my thought that I didn't realized that he was around all this time, and the fact that he never glance at me once , made me felt a hint of disappointment that I didn't deserve. 

I puffed out the air and let my thought wandered off again. 

* * *

My name was called the moment I stepped out of the classroom, and almost all the gaze fall upon me as I lowered my head slightly scowling at floor. 

I made a quick turn and off to opposite direction, pretending that I heard nothing.

Ace quickly caught up with my pace and grabbed my arm abruptly forcing me to face him. Still, I kept my head down not wanting to face him at all. It wasn't because I mad at him; the truth was that I didn't know how to react. Angry? Sad? Glad? Apparently, Ace got the wrong message," Lexi, I know you're mad at me, and I really really am sorry, I- I wasn't thinking straight when I kissed you! And I really had no idea that things would turn out this way. Please," his voice was husky. 

"Please forgive me," he cupped my face and lifted it up. His eyes were filled with sadness and sincerity. I knew that he meant it wholeheartedly.

"I forgave you, "I forced out a tight smile and added, "it was my fault too".

A corner of his lips pulled up, "thank you" then his face changed into a mischievous grin, "As an apology, can you come to a formal party tonight?" 

"What? You're joking right?"

"No," his face was deadpanned.

"There's no way I'm going to another party with you, I don't want to upset Matt anymore".

A hint of sadness flashed through his eyes for a second before he put on a big grin, "that's is why you must go to tonight's party whether you like it or not". 

“Do I have other choices?” I pouted and before I bombed him another series of question, Ace caught my arms and lead me towards the door.

* * * 

"So are there any chances you going to tell me where we're going?" I made a puppy face, hoping that he would give in somehow. 

"No". 

I snorted and looked out of the window ignoring him. After the marriage I realised that I needed to get used to wearing fancy dresses, high heels and make up. It was exactly the same as the girls in gossip girls where party happened everyday but in the show they'd never show the tough part. In reality we needed to learn manner and posture. The damn thing that you had to chest out, suck in your tummy twenty-four seven and during dining, you got to eat bit by bit even if you're goddamn hungry. I mean who in the right mind does that?