Part 14 : Observation Quest

Start from the beginning

"Be ready, Akane!" Philrei exclaims

I prepare myself as my gaze is passed between the three snake like trees. Philrei draws his sword from it's sheath, dropping all the bags he was carrying as well. 

One on the ground leaps towards me. I hit it upwards in the jaw with an irregular piece of ice I made in a panic. The piece of ice fractures and slowly disappears, while the snake thing is pushed away. 

I quickly make three ice spear and use wind magic to boost them. Two hit the body shattering some of the bark while the third missed. I quickly made a wind blade and created a huge gash in what I assume is it's neck if a snake, or whatever this thing is, has one.

While it is stunned for a bit I take a quick glance at Philrei. He is currently grinding his sword against the snout of one of the snake.

"Akane... a little help!" he calls struggling with the snake

I shoot a ice spear to it's head, allowing Philrei to beat it to the floor and back away. I look back as the snake I was fighting was still moving, waiting for an opportunity to attack. Then I realize something

'Wait, where's the third one?!'

I look in the branches of the trees to look for the third wooden serpent. I see a dark green glow within the branches, coming from the snake. Seeing it prepare to jump down for an attack on Philrei from the side, I shoot five ice spears towards it.

It body is pinned to the tree from the ice spears. I put my focus back on the one I was fighting earlier. It lunges at me again with a gaping dark maw. I move back but the wooden fangs clamp onto my cloak. It tears a chunk of cloth of it as I pull it back. 

It spits out the cloth and prepares to snap at me again. I form an ice spear and hit the side of it's head causing the gash in it's neck to deepen until it tears and the head severed. 

I turn back to Philrei. When I look back to where he was and Philrei is now on the snake's back, sawing it's neck with the edge of his sword. He was almost halfway too. He notices me and shouts

"Hey, Akane, a little help with this!", the snake then thrashes around but Philrei holds on by using locking his arms around it's body. Unfortunately his sword is thrown onto the ground. 

"I can't hit it while it's thrashing around like that!"

"Um... Let me try something"

Philrei then starts swinging side to side along with the snake making it's movements even more chaotic. The snake body twists and flops sporadically with increasing intensity. Hitting the ground the snake thrashed harder thanks to what Philrei was doing. 

 The snake smashes it's head into the ground, dazing it. He jumped off and yelled

"OK, Now hit it!"

That instant I fired a mixture of a few wind blades and ice spears at the snake which made cuts and ice punctured in the bark along it's body. 

'It stopped moving.. is it dead? Oh right, I have [Soul Eyes], I can check to see if it's dead.'

=======================================

Serpent

Hp : 0/2859

=======================================

"Good. It's dead" I say with relief

"....*pant*.....*pant*... that's the last one right?" Philrei says in exhaustion

"Just one more, I pinned it to a tree. Right.... there." I correct him as I point to the stuck wooden snake on the side of a tree, "I'll take care of it so you can start resting."