Part 10 : Before the Trip

Here's another chapter for you guys. I apologize for not updating for quite a while I have school so that explains basically everything. Anyways...

Please point out any mistakes and hope you enjoy.

==============================

"..." Talking

'...' thinking

"...(...)..." thinking while talking

It's the next day, I managed to get enough money and got myself a bag. I went over to the shop I... acquired my equipment at. Entering the store, I see the person working at the counter was looking at me suspiciously. 

I continued my way and looked around the store for a bag. There were some satchels resting on a shelf, they seemed good enough so I took one and went over to the counter.

"So, how much is this bag."

"Mmm, two silvers" 

"Perfect." I said as I took my money out of my bag. She takes the coins and I was about to take the bag and leave when she asked

"I've been thinking we recently lost a cloak, a pair of boot and gloves and you, someone I haven't seen before, apparently have exactly those specific things on you right now. You wouldn't happen to be the one who stole them would you, just a thought."

'Ah I see... uuuhhh quick think oh an excuse'

"Uuhm, no I came from outside the city. I had no idea that your store was robbed but how strange to only take those, ehehe." I told her

"Well ok then." she replies as I discreetly power walk with my bag towards the door

'That was stressful', after acquiring my bag I put a curse that makes whatever is inside heavier than it should be, so that I can touch it. I equip it and proceed to go to the guild to get some more money.

I enter the guild building and I see Philrei, who just noticed me waving from the quest board. I walk over to him.

"Are you ready to do our first quest together." he says

"Yeah, I'm fine. So, what quest are we doing exactly." I asked

"Um, I'm not sure. I haven't chosen one yet."

"Then let's choose one together, better than only one of us choosing for the both of us."

We look over the board and see what kind of quest we could do. Both of us were considering doing a escorting quest but it's a bit too difficult for beginners. Philrei picked up a monster material gathering quest, it looked good enough so we went over to the counter to get assigned.

"Hm, are you to doing this as a party?" 

"Yeah, we decided to work together."

"Well, it's better to cooperate with other adventurers than working alone so that's good. I'll just sort out some stuff and you will be assigned to this request."

After that, we were gonna set off but after looking at what we needed we decided to do some research first. The request was to gather about 4 Celka turtle shells and leather, both of us didn't know where to find them so we went up to the library on the third floor to see if we can find any information. 

I looked for the monster guide book again, Philrei managed to find it and we both tried to find info on this Celka turtle. Some time later, we managed to come across some useful knowledge about this monster. It prefers to live in muddy or rocky terrain, like mountains or wetlands. The turtle excluding it's shell is very durable, thanks to this fact it got it's name. Apparently, the word "Celka" in this world is another word for petrified.