Chapter 22

Daryls pov

Waking up to see the ceiling I sighed.
It was all a dream but it felt so real, I thought she was really there, she seemed to be in my dream.
But something pulled me closer, I looked down surprised to see her. It wasn't a dream. I felt my heart race just from lookin at her.
She made a pleasant noise in the back of her throat as she nuzzled her head into my chest. Her beautiful golden honey hair loose and curly, her pale ice hot skin was pressed against mine. Her naked chest was laying on mine and seeing her chest moving, breathing, I felt good.
I ran my fingers through her hair lovingly.
"Hey" her voice crooked.She opened her eyes and looked up at me, one green one yellow. I still thought she was beautiful as ever.
She told me she loved me and we had sex,  I had to remind myself cos this was way too weird, her being here after I saw her die.
"Hey." I kissed her forehead letting my lips linger.
"I can't believe you're here." I sighed, her finger drew patterns on my chest as her big doe eyes looked up at me.
"I thought I was dreamin." I say smilin a little. She liked to see me smile, I didn't do it often.
"I'm still alive." she spoke sighing deeply she rested her head back onto my chest.
"What happened after...after everythin?"
"Oh, I woke up under a blanket type thing. I began to panic and I managed to...well do my thing and dig my way through the dirt up to the surface. I began walking around trying to find Alexandria. My sisters people found me, nearly shot me, but Jason was there and he took me back here. They did loads of tests and stuff to try find out how i'm still alive."
"Then what?"
"Then you guys came. I don't know if I waked up straight away, maybe a month later don't know."
she shrugged and I felt a pang of something in my stomach.
"And you didn't think you could find us? Even when you were better?" I scoffed and she knotted her brows and scrunched up her little face.
"I thought you were all dead, I thought years had past. They told me Alexandria didn't exist Daryl." she huffed and got off of me and rolled over on her side so her back faced me.
"Im just mad y'all was still alive, and didn't tell me, Alexandria ain't that far." I murmured looking at my fingers but she didn't budge.
"Shit." I mumbled and got up and threw on my clothes and stormed towards the door until I caught her emerald green eye. I bent down and slipped my hand behind her neck and pressed my lips to her forehead. I sighed and the door creaked open and her voice whispered
"where are you going?"
"Out." I say with out looking at her but I felt her hand touch mine. I span around but kept my distance not wanting to fall under her spell.
"Daryl, believe me okay?" She pleaded but I couldn't shake of the feelin she wasn't telling me something that this was one big game, your girlfriend doesn't randomly come back from the dead.
"I told you, it will take time." and I left her, all by herself and I headed out. The sun was rising above the trees and birds were callin.
I told myself I shouldn't of got hung up on her,i was a lone wolf and I liked being alone. Yet now without her I felt incomplete and man did I hate that.
I got out my cigarette and lit it as I walked along the lonely streets leaving her behind me.