Chapter 7

I wasn't talking, the next day passed and I couldn't stop thinking about her. I hadn't talked at all I was still stunned at my own actions.

"Get." Daryl mumbled as we walked through the woods our feet cracking against fallen leaves and twigs on the ground.

"You not gonna talk now?" He mumbled again and I didn't reply, head down I kept on walking staring at my feet crushing the leaves.

"You had to do it." he said again and I was surprised at how much he had actually talked to me.

"Whatever." he spat before storming past me and heading forwards. I heard voices not to far away coming towards us so I pulled him back and crouched on the ground.

"What?" He hissed and I pointed to a two guys who passed us.

"What are we looking for again?" The blonde guy asked.

"The girl: blonde hair, green eyes. Should have a stamp on her wrist." The tall one spoke, hands grabbing his shotgun. I stiffened as I looked at Daryl as he stared at me and bit his lip. We were both thinking the same thing, they were both looking for me.

"Look they said she was supposed to be around Alexandria, so we keep looking, if you find her don't kill her okay?" The blonde guy nodded before they went their separate ways. Daryl shot up and we stealthily jogged as he lay his hand on the small of my back protecting me. Quiet as a mouse I feel my breath get caught. as we ran through the woods and a bullet whizzed past me. The blonde guy had spotted us. Stepping over fallen logs and breath ragged we kept on running. My legs felt like jelly as Daryl pushed me forwards protecting me from any bullets. we got to the road that supposedly ran up to Alexandrea.

"Keep running I will hold them off." Daryl panted out of breath, veins on his muscular arms visible.

"No, we run together." I pulled his wrist as we sprinted down the dirt track road as night fell deeply.

Behind a bush waiting for the search light and guards to pass i gasped at Daryl who was sneering carefully.

We lunged forward and began to climb the wall of Alexandria, my nails digging into the little holes. I grunted as Daryl he got to the top and held out his hand, I grabbed it and he pulled me too hard as I flung over to the other side landing on my back. Daryl jumped down and tapped my face lightly.

"Okay?" i groaned a yes and he helped me up and I feet.

"Where now?" I asked him and he took my hand even though we were safe now he lead me to a house. White painted woods with bay windows, it was big and had a porch and it seemed to ring home.

"This your house?" I ask and he nods.

"Come on" he gestured me forward and into the house. The door creaked open and it's silent except for a clock ticking and the noise of someone snoring. It was so dark but i could see a little.

"Upstairs" he whispered behind my ear as I'm taken up the rickety steps. He opens the door and there are step and we go up the and the moonlight shines through a window at the top of the attic. I had some place to my self.

"Thanks Daryl" I smile before going in for a hug, this guy was obviously not used to affection ever. He put his arms gently around me almost scared that I would break a little. I felt so comfortable there, like two jigsaw pieces fitting together. I pulled back my arms still around his waist and he looking at me with squinted eyes, blue eyes capturing the blue lit sky outside.

I take my fingers and gently brush back a piece of his dark Chestnut hair. I realised I wasn't the only one who's breath was caught.

He put his hand behind my neck and I shivered at his touch and with my hand still on his cheek I inched forward. My lips were skimming his and i closed my eyes as they connected with his own lips and tasted like the pure passion, he brought me closer as he kissed me again the feel of his velvet soft lips on mine. Everyone told me when they kissed someone they like it was like fireworks, I had kissed a guy before but it didn't feel like that at all it made me stop thinking but didn't feel right. This kiss made me feel special a deep fluttering of butterflies in my stomach a whole different sensation. We pulled back for air, our lips skimming each others my eyes still closed but I knew he was looking at me with that intense look. Our foreheads pressed together breathing deeply.

"I should probably tell them I'm here?" He gestured downstairs, clearing his throat, I got off of my tiptoes so that his lips came up to my forehead. I let go and stepped back itching the back of my neck blushing a little.

"Others stay here?"

"No, but they visit" he stuttered and i had the feeling he was lying for some reason.

"Yeah I should probably stay up here hidden as per usual." I crack a smile and Daryl takes one last look at me as if I'm crazy before heading down stairs. leaving me all alone.

My fingers run across my lips and i smile and lay down with some blankets wrapped around me tightly