Chapter 12 - Safe For Now

Start from the beginning

Kate
- ...

Blake
- Well it doesn't matter. You still need rest - I said while motioning her to lay on the bed.

Although she sat on the edge of the bed, her body didn't seem to hurt much.

Maybe it healed enough for her to be able to walk.

I sat back on my chair wanting to just know her better.

Blake
- *sigh* Okay, we were off to a bad start.
Let's start over.

Blake
- Name's Blake if you don't remember. First, how are you feeling? - I genuinely asked her while looking at her.

Kate
- ...Better. - she said with a cold tone.

Blake
- Glad to hear. To answer your current and upcoming questions let me tell you about our current situation in two words.

Blake
- I and Dex are fugitives and are temporarily settled in this bunker. You have already met "the owner", her name's Kendra. She is the only anthro I have met that has brains and isn't blindly hating humans. And about the war, I think you know enough already - I explained to her while emptily looking at her bed.

She was silent but listened to me.

Blake
- ...Soooo what about you? - I asked her, looking into her yellow eyes.

Kate
- ...I don't remember - she muttered seeming lost.

Kate
- ...The only thing I remember is me running.

A few seconds of silence.

Blake
- Do you...have a family?

Kate
- ...I...did... - she looked down at the floor.

Blake
- ...Sorry.

Blake
- She is not very talkative - I thought while looking at her soft long hair.

Blake's Brain
- Well no shit Sherlock.

Blake
- Shut up.

Awkward silence was the only thing filling the air.

Kate
- ...How old are you? You look young - she asked out of blue.

Blake
- Uhh, I'm 17... You?

Kate
- ...19.

I remembered the strong, rocky formations on her shoulders, wrists, and the lower part of her waist.

Blake
- Hey, what are those weird formations on different parts of your body?

Kate
- ...I don't know - she said while looking at them.

A few, even MORE, seconds of awkward silence.

Her eyes were looking at different directions reexamining the room she was in.

Blake
- Damn, her yellow eyes are beautiful - I mindlessly mumbled out.

Kate
- ...What? - She looked at me a bit confused.

Blake
- OH, uhhh, you should be hungry by now. Yeah, let's go get you something to eat.

I quickly got up and somewhat awkwardly gestured for her to follow me.