Chapter 20: Bottled Up Feelings

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I think I would want to meet Socrates though. I could have some deep conversations with him," Leo shared.

"Yeah, he does have clever philosophies," I agreed.

Leo yawned, trying to be quiet as his mouth opened wide. I laid my hand against his chest as he leaned his head above mine, swallowing hard before closing his eyes. By the time the credits were rolling he was sleeping peacefully, his mom switching off the t.v.

"You want me to wake him up," she asked with a light smile.

"No, we can just sleep in here if we have to," I decided.

"Do you need me to bring some blankets from the hall closet?"

"Yeah, that would be nice."

"Huh," Leo asked, looking at us with his eyes squinted. "What's going on?" He rubbed his eyes before stretching his arms up, appearing that he could zonk out again any minute.

"We didn't know if you could make it upstairs," his mom responded.

"Yeah, I can," he mumbled, standing as I went with him. We did get to his room safely, Irmelin wishing us goodnight before leaving. "Alyssa? You still want to talk?" His eyes were shut as we lied on his bed, us facing each other.

"Yeah, but I think you're too tired," I commented, running my fingers through his blonde strands.

"No, I'm not... I'm awake..."

"Okay, what do you want to talk about?"

"How great this evening has been. I'm glad you're staying for tomorrow. We can spend time outside and do stuff..."

"What kind of stuff?"

"You know..." He then was breathing lightly, me kissing his cheek so I wouldn't wake him before cuddling beneath the blankets.

I was the first one up in the morning, which always happened when I was over at someone's house. I went ahead and got ready in the bathroom before going downstairs. My hair was still in the two braids from the night before.

"Good morning. I made apple pancakes. I thought they would be nice with it being fall," Irmelin explained.

"They smell delicious. Do you have any apple cider," I checked.

"Yeah, I just heated some up on the stove." She poured me a glass before bringing it to the table.

"Thank you," I politely nodded.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," she teased when Leo shuffled into the room.

"It's not that early," he defended since it was nine already.

"Alyssa and I were up before you."

"Yeah, like 5 minutes," he sarcastically reacted, waking up when he saw what was for breakfast. "I'm going outside for awhile," he announced once we had finished our meals.

I followed him as he lingered by the garage, placing a cigarette between his lips as he fought to find the lighter in his pocket.

"Were you going to leave me back there," I wondered.

"I didn't think you would want to be around me while I'm smoking. I just was starting to get a headache, so I needed this."

"No, I'm okay with it. You want to play in the leaves in your backyard?"

"Seriously," he softly chuckled, clearly amused.

"Yeah, there's a lot there."

"Don't remind me. I was supposed to rake them up last week, so my mom's been on my case about it."

"We could rake them up together."

"Nah, you're not responsible for my chores. Besides, you're the reason I can put them off longer." He raised his eyebrows before we headed towards the back of the house.

I ran straight for the vibrant colors, throwing them over my head before spinning around. I blushed when Leo caught me in his arms, no longer smoking. "You want to join in," I requested.

"I have a better idea," he smirked. "Let's make the biggest fucking pile we can."

"Okay... And then jump in it together?"

"You'll see," he mysteriously told me.

My mind kept racing with possibilities as we had fun building our creation. I swear we hadn't stopped smiling once since we gathered the multi-colored leaves together.

"Okay, now on the count of three, just fall sideways," Leo ordered.

I looked at him weird as I went along with it. "Okay, I guess..."

"One... Two... Three..." We both fell against the crunchy pile, his warm lips finding mine as soon as possible.

"So, in other words, you just wanted a private place to make out," I guessed.

"I think you're getting to know me too well," he grinned before crashing his lips against my own again. His tongue swiped across my cold lower lip before entering my mouth, my skin gradually heating up as we stayed close. Even with the strong breeze I didn't feel it, no longer numb as fire took over my body. We kept pressing ourselves closer together, my head dizzy and our brains shut off before we heard something.

"Hey, it looks like you're having a good Sunday already," a male's voice said. We both looked up to see Leo's father near the house.

"What are you doing here," Leo asked, a hint of anger in his voice.

"I thought I would just drop in. Say hi to you, maybe your mom if she doesn't disappear."

Leo and I sat up before he went ahead and stood to his feet to face his dad. "No, what are you doing here? Didn't you call first," Leo slightly snapped.

"I don't have to call to see my son," his dad lightly answered with a smile.

"No, but you do have to call for my mom. She doesn't feel comfortable with you being here. Can't you see that? I kept my mouth shut all those other times because I missed you so much. But you're treating her with no consideration, and that makes me not even want to see you!"

"Listen..." His father's tone was still light as he tried to defend himself.

"I'm tired of listening, of how the divorce was better for everyone, of how it was good I was moving so I could have a new life. Well, guess what? Both of those things actually are true, because Mom decided to leave someone like you." He then breezed past his father, me frozen in shock before hurrying after Leo, since I didn't want to be alone with his dad. I silently followed Leo into the house, him slamming the door to his bedroom right in my face. I don't think it was intentional. I think he was so upset he didn't notice me following. I found Irmelin watching his father drive away from the window in the main room.

"I'm sorry you had to be around for this, Alyssa. I don't know what Leo said, but I saw him yelling at his father from the kitchen," she apologized.

"It's okay. I think it was things he's had bottled up for awhile," I admitted.

A/N: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please remember to comment, vote, and follow. Thank you so much! <3