𝙲𝙷. 𝟾 𝚃𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚊

Start from the beginning

Logan and Mr. Lehnsherr had aboard the jet ahead, so it's just you, Hank, and the professor who sent Peter off, and the professor needed Peter to help you return the car. But of course, the professor and Hank wouldn't tell Peter about the plan.

''I should get going,'' you said, stepping closer to the friend of yours, a hand reached out to shake with your friend. ''It's nice to meet you again.''

The Silverhead said nothing; instead, his eyes wandered to the professor, asking, ''Can I talk to her? It'll be quick.''

Eyes widened, your head tilted in confusion, but you saw the professor nod his head in approval.

''What do you wish to talk about?''

Peter grinned, not in an annoying way, but rather in a more pleasant one. He rummaged for something in his jacket pockets, and mildly cursed as he grabbed the wrong item that he wished to present to you. You thought he had stolen all kinds of gadgets and shoved them in without sorting; another typical act of his. Finally, the beam on his face widen while taking a paper-wrapped item out. ''This is for you,'' said he, softly snatching your hand to place an object on your palm, ''it's a gift. I bought it; I know you hate me stealing, so I found a way to make money and bought it. From the store you used to work at.''

Your jaw dropped when he said 'make money, eyes blinking several times before stammering a response of gratitude. ''Thank you,'' you uttered. Feeling the urge to kiss the boy on his cheek, you did what your heart told you, tiptoeing, and a hand gently placed on his chest for support, then, you kissed on his cheek. Heart pounding, the nonrhythmic beating made a great deal of warmness from within, and eventually, it spread to your neck, cheeks, and ears, causing those body parts of yours to redden. Never had you ever thought that kissing a boy on his cheek would make your heart drum like that, hard and loud. It seemed like the boy had been caught off guard by your behavior, since he didn't react to anything else but stared at the space, utterly bewildered.

What happened to the girl who thought nothing more than a friend and turned down the hug?

Feeling embarrassed after doing so, you retreated to board the jet, pausing on the stairs as you heard Peter's calling out to you. ''See you around, Savior!''

Now that your cheeks were reddening like a tomato, you quickly entered the cabin, only to find the seat you traveled by earlier in the morning, was taken by a certain fugitive.

Resigned, you picked the seat next to Logan.

The man in your former seat once again, sizing you up, though not with harsh glares this time, probably because Logan was here, so you had felt the man not so intimidating like he just got out from the Pentagon. You flinched as the man spoke directly to you, and you were having trouble understanding his question.

''What's your name?'' inquired Mr. Lehnsherr.

''(Y/N)...'' you gulped down nervous saliva, answering with much fear. ''My name is (Y/N) Sauven. Please to meet you, sir.''

The man stayed unfazed, with his eyes narrowed as they sharpened, drumming his fingers on the table. It wasn't long to make you realize that you had not spoken the answer he demanded to hear.

''She's Phantom's daughter,'' said the professor, who had just onboard the jet while sitting down on the spot which faced the former prisoner. ''If that's what you ask for.''

A wide grin spread across the face of Erik Lehnsherr, chuckling lowly as he drummed his fingers on the desk again. ''I knew that already, Charles. How dare you assume I forget our old comrade's name.''

Professor Charles snorted but never said anything afterward. As if he had perceived what the fugitive wanted to hear, he thought for a second before replying a term you had heard in his office a month ago. ''...Healer,'' said he.