𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐥

1813, Wattington Residence

∞ • ∞

_________________________________________

Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season.

Consider the Household of the Baron Featherington. Three misses foisted upon the marriage market like sorrowful sows by their tasteless, tactless mama.

_________________________________________

Lord Brandon huffed as he marched up the grand marble staircase, ignoring the 'excuse me' and 'good mornings' passed onto him by servants carrying linen cloths and silver trays. The sun's rays bore down on his family home, let in by the ceiling tall windows and promising a bountiful, good day ahead.

If they could be on time.

Abigail, in a prim white dress, trotted past him.

"Is our sister nearly ready?" He asked her. She shrugged.

"Oh, I don't know. Mama said she should be." She twirled, her short golden locks bouncing with her movement. "Don't you think I look like a princess, Bran?"

"Absolutely." He pecked her cheek and she bounced away, grinning like the afternoon sun and he proceeded on his journey.

Knocking furiously on his sister's ornate door was their mother, dressed in a cyan blue gown and wearing the gold necklace his father had gotten for her some years ago. On the other side was Daniel who, in his opinion, looked more like a circus act than a gentleman.

"Elizabeth! Do hurry up!" Petronella sighed, turning to Brandon with a fretful look. "What on earth could be taking her so long? She's been in there nearly two hours."

"Let me," said Brandon, his face a mask of impatience. Just as he was about to pound on the door with what might've been a grand hit, it swung open and his fist halted a shy inch from his sister's face.

"Now, hold on. I'd still like to be presentable for the Queen, thank you very much."

Her family gaped at her.

Wont to hang around the likes of Eloise Bridgerton, it was very rare to see Elizabeth so elegantly dressed. She still regularly attended her waltz, pianoforte, lute, voice, French, Spanish, Latin, and German lessons, but it did not stop her from wanting to explore what life had to offer other than tight hairstyles and pinching corsets. In fact, it spurred her on (much to her father's displeasure) which led her to some... unladylike pursuits.

Her pure white gown and perfect bun, completed with an obnoxiously large feather headband and crystal, raindrop earrings and necklace completely transformed her. Her mother fanned her eyes and smiled.