Chapter 1

Tartaglia. If you were a commoner, you would feel fear upon hearing his name. The name "Tartaglia", when it was heard that he will set foot on a nation, everyone in that particular nation would lock their doors and hide in their homes, hoping it will keep them safe, away from the lifeless and dull eyes of the harbinger and hope that they weren't associated with the harbinger in any sort of way. When parents see him, they would shield their child away from him. Though weak and powerless against the harbinger, they try to protect their child anyway. Tartaglia would always mentally saddened at the sight as he is unable to express emotions physically. He wants to prove to them that he is no monster. He is human, just like them with a different story. Nonetheless, he appreciates the family's efforts in trying to protect their child. It's unfortunate how he knew of the fact that he'd never experience such love and care from his family nor anyone he would ever meet.

As Tartaglia strolled down the empty streets, he hummed a tune to himself. Though he hummed softly, it echoed throughout the town as if it were a ghost town. He misses the days where he was full of life. However, he only had a few moments of those particular emotions. So few that he treasured it greatly, so few that he could count with his memory and fingers. 1..2..3.. ah. He had those lovely moments at least 6 times or so. Unfortunately, those memories are fading slowly as if they were nothing. So much for great memory I guess, but they are no longer important nor useful. Especially since the Tsaritsa would rather him focus on his tasks than memories that are utterly useless to his tasks. After all, what kind of weapon has memories to hold onto?

Everything changed when he had a mission in Liyue.

'A new mission from the Tsaritsa...?' Tartaglia wondered as he ripped open the seal and read the letter.

My dearest eleventh,

You are to be sent to Liyue to retrieve Morax's gnosis and cause chaos upon Liyue.

Yours Sincerely,

The Tsaritsa

Tartaglia looked through the letter again. The letter seemed... amiss. Why is there only one sentence? Often, it is not that straightforward and short. Usually filled with a few gifts as well. Additionally, why would her excellency send her weakest harbinger to retrieve the most powerful archon's gnosis? Sure, Tartaglia loved a good challenge and is honoured that the Tsaritsa thinks he is worthy enough to do so, but it just doesn't add up. Surely the Tsaritsa knew Morax was someone not to mess with. Nor is Tartaglia strong enough to surpass Morax or possibly even land a hit on him. Nevertheless, he trusts in his Tsaritsa's judgement. If he is to die doing so, then so be it.

Eventually, Tartaglia arrived in Liyue. First, he made his way to Northland Bank to settle down first and get used to the warm environment. After all, this is nothing like Snezhnaya, where everything is colder than ice. Second, he would need to find a person well versed in Liyue history for one of his schemes. He needs to know what kind of chaos he should unleash. Perhaps the Tsaritsa wasn't being specific enough. If the Tsaritsa wants chaos, most likely it would mean tons of it, right? Tartaglia has heard about gods that have been sealed long ago somewhere around Liyue. Maybe if he could awaken those gods, Morax would appear and his plan to steal Morax's gnosis would be successful. While Morax is fighting, potentially he could do a surprise strike and grab the gnosis. This mission is a bit hard, Tartaglia would have to admit. Factually speaking, Morax would have his shield up. Pretty sure that he could block tons of incoming attacks as well with all the geo constructs he could summon all at once as well... so Tartaglia thought of a plan to do it logically, start off easy. A step-by-step plan which obviously includes patience. Something he wouldn't exactly say he would have...