They had them all spread out. Photos and files dating at most a year back. The three previously mentioned, one of Rachel using her powers so that there was a wall of purple energy behind her, one of Gar, and another of him and Jaime. There was even a photo of Y/n in Gotham, walking on the street in civilian clothes. "Is it really a surprise they would study us?"

Kory asked Jason, who was looking over the photos and files, she was next to him. "We've been defeating them for months. And you've had run-ins even before that." "But this stuff is so in-depth. Things on genetic make-up. Theories on Raven's power, Beast Boy's as well. Jaime's suit too. Are they trying to figure out our weaknesses?" "We need to get Nightwing back here."

Jason looked over at her. "You know how stubborn he can be. And if he's working through some stuff, then he'll only put himself and the team in danger," Jason looked at her sternly, but Kory didn't budge, "He's a Titan. He needs to be here."

Rachel, Tara and Gar sat in the common room, picking at the remainder of the cake. "Nothing like laser spewing HIVE drones to take you out of the party mood." "I'm beat." Jaime added, leaning against the wall near them. "And I'm making lunch at the center tomorrow."

Jaime spoke of the homeless center he's been volunteering at. He and Rachel walked off. "In more exciting news, I've been invited to be on Kevin Smith's podcast at MetroCon tomorrow!" Gar read from his phone. But Tara stayed resting her head on her hand, looking deep in thought. "Hold up."

Jason caught everyone before they left, Kory too, and he said: "Starfire's got something to say." She smiled at him, remembering their conversation from the apartment. "With what we discovered tonight, we all need to be extra vigilant. And not take any chances." She spoke to the group. "Are you kidding me? It's Kevin Smith."

Gar stood up from the counter in protest. "I didn't say 'don't do what you have planned', but keep your eyes and commlines open at all times. I have a feeling whatever Blood is planning, tonight is just a prelude." And yet again, nobody noticed Tara looking away, almost in shame.

She sat on the beach afterwards, throwing rocks out into the ocean, skipping them hundreds of yards with the help of her powers. Tara held her knees close to her chest, looking out almost regretful. Until a frog jumped onto the rocks next to her, and she realized it was Gar before looking back down.

They were silent, both looking at the water until Gar spoke, "Sorry your party was interrupted." "That's the way it goes." "Don't let all that talk back there shake you up. You know I got your back." "It's other stuff." "Like what?"

Tara looked at him, surprised he actually wanted to help. Gar transformed into a bunny, "I'm all ears." Tara gave him a small smile and Gar morphed back into human shape, sitting on the rocks. "You have a pretty smile."

Tara looked away, her emotions conflicted as Gar didn't stop smiling slightly. "Do you know how I became an orphan?" Gar scratched the back of his neck, "Uh... your parents died?" "No, after I got powers, they freaked. Thought I was possessed, or something." "I'm sorry..."

Tara turned away, her back facing Gar as she threw another rock. "Don't be. I don't need your pity." "It can be a bond, you know? Everyone in the team's had it rough." "Yeah, I can tell Princess Sparkles knows all about eating from a dumpster." "Kory's a refugee being stalked by her homicidal sister." "Jaime has a family that loves him."

Tara thought she won, until Gar proved her wrong. "And, because of the bug, odds are he's never seeing them face to face again." "Oh, and what about the rich kid, king of nightmares and angst?" "Nobody knows, really. Whatever he went through messed him up a lot. He doesn't talk about it. But whatever it is, the scars he has... I don't want to think about it."

Tara looked at Gar, but it was his turn to look back out to the water. "I think pain is what makes a hero. It's like a pressure that either forms a diamond, or grinds you into dust..." "But what about you, chuckles?"

Gar turned back to her. "Aside from an unhealthy online presence, you're normal." Gar's reply was pointing to himself, as to say 'I have pointy ears and green skin'. "Yeah, you're green. You wouldn't change it if you could. You like the attention. Besides, it looks okay on you."

He smiled at her, and silence ensued, not even broken by the sounds of the beach. They stared into each other's eyes. And Gar leaned in, and they kissed. Tara put her hand to his cheek, and all the rocks nearby floated a few inches in the air. When they seperated, all Gar could say was, "Wow. You didn't kill me." "This time. Don't get used to it, jerk."

She leaned in, and the kiss was quicker this time. Mainly because Gar sprang up and ran across the beach. "Yes! Yeah! Whoo!" He jumped and ran and cheered as various animals, and all Tara could do was watch, smiling to herself. "Nice play."

Slade spoke from her comline, and Tara almost jumped. "Almost bought it myself. We move tomorrow." Gar landed and ran over to her, ready for another kiss, but she stopped him. "I'm tired, Gar." "Yeah, sure. Totally get it." Tara began to walk off. "See you tomorrow. And the next day... whoo!" He was so happy with himself he didn't even notice Tara's conflicted feelings. Does she go through with her plans and side with Deathstroke? Or renounce him and side with the Titans?