⇶39

1 month later

„Hello mr. Parker!" all of the kids spoke together as Jayhden happily smiled at them.

They are happy to have Jayhden as a teacher because he's fun and if they get in trouble he doesn't yell at them.

Jayhden would go by the steps he studied about how to deal with difficult children and if that didn't work he'd have to just put them in a corner, which he hated to do.

„Good Morning kids!" he greeted them back flipping the calendar on their wall, no birthday for this day written on it.

He finally started his job and had been doing it for a bit now. He did question if this was really what he wanted at some point but he quickly threw that thought away when he saw the kids again.

He had been going through a lot but but it became less in a matter of seconds because he started focusing more on the now and less on the what happened before.

„Instead of the two circles, try what I just showed on the board okay?" Jayhden said to the boy who sat in his class, referring to an 8.

Everyone quietly worked in their books and he walked around trying to help where it was needed.

The boy started crying making Jayhden sigh, „my mommy says only pussies cry." Milly C. shouted making Jayhden sush her immediately.

„That's a bad word!" the boy shouted back through his cries as other kids repeated it and laughed.

„Milly tell your mom that I'll be contacting her.. again." Jayhden spoke. „Well only pussies still say mommy!" the boy suddenly shouted tired of everyone laughing at him because of her.

„I didn't even say anything. Please don't contact my mommy!" Milly K. whined from the other end of the class.

Jayhden clapped his hands directing all the attention towards him successfully. „Close your books. It's snack time!" everyone happily pulled out their snacks forgetting about all that was said.

Jayhden first found it quiet stressful but got used to it and fell in love with the job and the kids that same love for him. They just love Mr. Parker. Some even offer him their snacks which he nicely declines.

With his little students the time flies and their parents are already there to pick all kids up. When Jayhden picked up a few things from the floor to make it easier for the person who had to clean the classes, someone knocked on the door.

„Mr. Parker? I hope I'm not too late." the woman spoke pouting. „Just about.. six hours." Jayhden playfully pointed at the watch above the woman at the doorway making both of them laugh.

„Please don't put me in time out." the
woman continued to joke. „How can I help you, Ms. Naldo." Jayhden playfully rolled his eyes.

„I'm just here to tell you that you're doing a great job. It's awesome how quick you hand in reports." she complimented him.

Maria is in Jayhden's age and works in a different area coming after her mom who retired a few weeks ago.

„Thank you." he smiled at her happy to hear that. „Okay enough bullshitting. Remember that it's Gabrielle's turn to stay sober tonight so you can get white girl wasted."

Jayhden laughed turning the light off.

„Finally!" Jayhden clapped his hands as they walked out together like every other day.

Elijah, Tay, Maria, Jayhden and Gabby were now very close friends. Jayhden introduced them to eachother and they started hanging out together.

Maria liked having new friends. She liked her other friends from her childhood but this was new and she really enjoys it.