Jean was pushed back by the force but recovered as she began to walk forward, pushing Thanos away from Wanda. Even then, Jean's shield couldn't overpower an Infinity Stone, that was confirmed by the holes in the shield that kept appearing that Jean had to close. 

Suddenly, familiar whispers entered her head once more.

Let me help...

I can help...

You're not powerful enough to stop him...

Phoenix...

Let Phoenix help...

"Stop it", Jean muttered, trying to shake the voice away as she was beginning to get overwhelmed. 

Jean...

Jean Grey...

I know you can hear me...

Jean's eyes began to glow gold, her hair lost its gravity and began to resembled lava itself, those yellow stripes began to appear on her face, showing the true power that laid inside her.

She began to overpower the Power Stone. Yellow and purple spread across her shield, showing that the power she was using was a new one.

Don't ignore me, Jean...

Jean...

Jean!

JEAN!

She became dizzy with fighting the force inside of her while fighting Thanos. Jean's eyes rolled in the back of her head as she telepathically whispered in Wanda's mind.

"I'm sorry, Wanda", she said.

Then, the purple and yellow flew back into her hands, her hair fell back down, her eyes dimmed to blue, and her veins were no longer visible. 

Jean Grey had fallen unconsious, forcing Wanda to defend herself while destroying the Mind Stone, along with her boyfriend.

Thanos noted that before she passed out, Jean's feet were disintegrating the ground.

____________________________________________________________

"AAARRRGGGHH", Thanos yelled, the power of the Infinity Stones surging through him. 

The sound of victory is what woke Jean up. She wouldn't let Thanos win this time.

"Father", she called out, getting his attention.

"My Jeannie", he greeted with a smile as she cautiously approached. They stared at each other for a couple of seconds.

"What are you doing?", Jean disappontedly asked.

"What do you mean, daughter?", he asked back.

"This, the Infinity Stones. Are you really gonna risk killing all your daughters to wipe out half the universe?", she asked again.

Thanos didn't answer, "I see you've gained the power of the gods. The Phoenix".

"How do you know that?", Jean backed away.

"The Mind Stone. I can read your mind now", Thanos explained, "Come home, Jeannie".

"I don't have a home, you made sure of that", Jean laughed while holding back tears.

"Come back to me, Jean. Come back to your father", Thanos tried again, but Jean wouldn't fall for it.

"My father died on Genosha, you killed him".

Jean telepathically sent a message for Thor to kill Thanos now.

"My Jeannie, join me. We can watch the sun set on a grateful universe--"

Thanos was cut off by Thor hurling his axe towards him. Jean immediately ran away, letting Thor finish the job. 

Thanos tried to block it by using the Infinity Gauntlet, but because of timing, Stormbreaker easily overpowered the Infinity Stones. It landed straight into Thanos's chest, and Jean gasped at the sight.

"I told you, you'd die  for that", Thor reminded Thanos. He then pushed Stormbreaker further into Thanos's chest, causing him to yell out in pain.

As Thanos begins to recover and catch his breath, he begins to smirk, "You should have... you... should've...", he mumbles, then speaks clearly.

"You should've gone for the head..."

Thanos raises his left arm and snaps, completing his mission, his goal in life.

It seems as if everything went white, no one could see anything for a couple seconds, but everyone could tell something had gone horribly wrong.

Jean felt the same pit in her stomach, then she felt pain traveling up her legs.

"Thor?", she called out, barely hearing herself.

Thor instantly turned around and faced a worried Jean, he immediately ran up to her and placed his hands on her shoulders.

"Yes, Jean. What's wrong, darling?", he asked.

Jean didn't say anything at first, she just looked at her legs turning grey, "What's happening to me?"

Thor followed her gaze and saw her legs beginning to dust, Thor knew what was happening. he decided not to tell her, so that her death could be as peaceful as can be. He carefully layed her on the ground with her head in his lap.

"Jean? How does it feel?", Thor asked.

"It hurts. I can feel every atom in my body ripping apart. It hurts really bad", she told him, only further worrying him.

"Okay, don't worry it'll all be over soon", Thor assured, starting to tear up.

"Thor?", Jean asked.

"Yes, my dear", Thor said.

"I love you", she reminded him.

Thor began to cry, "I love you too, Jean. So much".

Jean looked to her arms as they turned grey, she knew she didn't have much time left.

"Thor? Hey", she waved her disintegrating hand in Thor's face, "I need you to do something for me".

"Yes, darling. Anything", he agreed.

"When you try to kill Thanos. Go for the head. It's his weakest spot", Jean recommended.

"I will, I won't let you down this time. I promise", Thor voice began to crack.

"And one more thing", Jean added.

Thor just looked at her, his lips quivering.

"Just remember, I love you--"

Then, she was gone. Thor broke down. He couldn't deal with another loss. After everything that has happened, he has failed to protect Jean, once again.

 Except for this time, he wasn't sure if she would ever come back. 

𝙅𝙚𝙖𝙣 𝙂𝙧𝙚𝙮 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙣 𝙞𝙣 𝙀𝙣𝙙𝙜𝙖𝙢𝙚.

𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘥, 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴