𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘯𝘴

"ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ɪ ʜᴇᴀʀᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ'ꜱ ᴀ ᴠᴇʀʏ ꜰᴀᴍᴏᴜꜱ ᴍᴀɴ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴏɴ ᴇᴀʀᴛʜ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴀɴɢᴜᴀɢᴇ"

PHOENIX||chapter seven

    THE GUARDIANS ARE TRAVELING TO THE RUINS OF THE ARK AFTER RECEIVING A DISTRESS SIGNAL. They're listening to a tune of 'Rubberband Man'.

"Sing it, Drax!", Quill yells, but Drax is just snoring in his seat.

Rocket yawns before asking, "Why are we doing this, again?".

"It's a distress signal, Rocket. Someone could be dying", Gamora says, annoyed.

"I get that, but why are we doing this?", he repeats his previously unanswered question.

"Cause we're nice people. And maybe whoever sent out the distress signal could give us a little 'cheddar cheese' for our help", Quill explained, adding in the reward of units so that Rocket would be on board.

"Which isn't the point", Gamora corrected.

Quill points to Gamora, agreeing, "Which isn't the point. But if he doesn't pony up..."

"We'll take his ship", Rocket finishes Quil's sentence. It was sad how they still assumed there was a ship to be taken.

"B-b-b-bingo!", Quill cheers.

Mantis adjusts a few more things on the ship, before announcing, "We are arriving".

"All right Guardians. Don't forget, this might be dangerous so let's all put our mean faces on", Quill suggested, it seemed as if he was teaching in a daycare.

He looked behind him to find a teenage Groot, not listening to him and playing on his tablet.

"Groot, put that thing away. I don't wanna have to tell you again", now Quill felt like he was working in a daycare.

Groot is annoyed, and begins to use some foul language, "I am Groot".

"Woah", Quill yells.

"Language", Rocket scolds.

"Hey!", Gamora scolds as well.

"Wow", Drax is astonished.

"You got some acorns on you, kid", Quill said.

"Ever since you got your little sap, you've been acting like a total d-hole. Keep it up, and I'll smash it to pieces", Rocket threatened.

Groot rolls his eyes, and as Rocket finishes his sentence he stares out the window in shock. Thanos's carnage is revealed. The Guardians stare out at the Asgardians floating in space, all dead.