CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR

PAIN💔💔

I hear the faint sounds of sobs coming from mama across from me. It's the only thing that can be heard in the hallway of the waiting room. Everything just happened so fast I still can't believe it. I feel someone sitting next to me but my eyes continue looking at the blood covering my hands as a reminder of the worst moment of my life. My body numbly slacks against them slowly going to back to the scene.
Two hours earlier..
Ace jumps in front of me taking the shot that was meant for me. Slowly I watch as he falls to the ground with a big thud. "No!" A voice yells but I don't pay them mind as everything in me breaks. My heart thumped picking up it's pace. I fall to knees my shaky hands press firmly on the wound on his chest. "Ace" I croak out. There's so much blood I don't know what to do. "Look what you made me do!" She yells angrily dropping the gun on the ground. Before she can come closer my brothers barge into the room. Their eyes widen as all of them freeze at what they see. "Who fuck are you?" Alexis shrieks. They all snap out of it. I turn back to Ace when I hear him gasp for air. "I-I'm glad it was me and not you Doll." He Wasps out. He looks straight into my eyes with so much pain. My eyes burning like they were on fire as tears threatened to pour. I shake my head. "You. Shouldn't have jumped in front of me." " Your an idiot Ace." I add scolding him. He chuckles soon his coughing chocking up on his blood. It drips at the corner of his mouth. He groans. Bringing his bloody hands on top of mine on his chest. " Help him!" I cry out. His  grey eyes slowly look into mine. He lift his  hand weakly cupping my cheek. "I - I lov" is the last thing he says as his hand drop as his eyes  start closing." No, no,no please Ace. Don't leave me please open your eyes!" I hastily yell out. I start panicking. " Baby, Baby please open your eyes it's me your heather." I hold his bloody hand to my cheek but there's no response. I feel arms wrap around me pulling away from him. I exasperatedly thrush in their arms. Ace's hand slips out from my grasp as his been carried out by the paramedics that I didn't hear walk in. I turn in their arms sobbing into their chest. "Come on, Let's follow them." He says, I now realize it's Trent who pulled me away from Ace. We walk out trailing behind them.
Present
Which brings us back to now. My mind was on auto pilot the whole time we drove to the hospital. I wasn't able to see Ace because he was immediately rushed into surgery. Both mom's smothered me with hugs and kisses when we reached the hospital. I would have been so happy to be in their arms if we we're in a different situation but I can't help but feel like I've failed to do the one thing I promised. And that's to keep everyone I love safe. I'm been showered with affection while the hero of the day is on that table being cut wide open. "I'm so glad your back." Mama whispered in ear. I nod not having the strength to form any words right now. " I'm so sorry, it's all my fault Ace got shot today." I breath out staring into her caramel eyes as they glisten with tears. She shakes her head gently cupping my cheeks. "Baby, I know it's not your fault." She says softly with so much tenderness. I feel my heart crack even more I bow my head in shame.

We've been sitting out here for the past five hour waiting to hear from the doctors. "Bubble, let Becky or Bella help you into some clean clothes." Josh says squeezing my hand tightly. I glanced at him to see he  eyes was staring at me with an expression expressed with so much worry. I stray my eyes away staring at the bloody hands that were pressed against his chest. I haven't moved an inch since I got here. I don't  want to change my clothes or wash myself because staring at the blood on my hands reminds me of how real today was. I hear him sigh ending our conversation. "Just leave her alone. We all know she's not going to move till we hear from him. " Dante said.  I'm thankful the boys made it in time to save both Xavier and I. He was drugged by  mike but luckily it wasn't fetal. He just needs a lot of rest and a lot of water he was sent back home two hours ago. Alexis and mike we're shortly arrested by the cops after the paramedics took Ace to the hospital. They both put up a fight but it was no use they'll be in jail till further notice. For three hours now everyone has tried to get me to wash up or go home but I'm not having it. From my peripheral vision I see a figure fill the sit next to me but I don't turn to see who it is. " H, I know everyone has tried to get you to rest and it definitely hasn't worked and I'm probably the last person who'd convince you too. I might not  know what your going through right now or even know how to console you or tell you what you want to hear. All I can say right now is that, I'm here for you in anyway you need me to be and I'll won't hesitate to do anything for you. I love you so much heather and I'll be with you at each step of the way." My head moves at its own accord meeting Trent's blue eyes filled with so much raw compassion. I feel my last resolve crumbling. I throw my myself in his arm breaking down. I feel him tense for second before he relaxes wrapping his arm around me. I can't take it anymore I feel like my heart has been ripped out of chest it's too much for me to breathe.

Ten hours hours later we hear the door open and the doctor walks out. We all get up. My muscles scream as I stand and I probably would have dropped without the support of josh and Trent. He removes his mask shaking his head. "No" I whisper my legs giving up on me I fall to the ground dragging both Matteo and josh with me. I cry out at the sudden pain in my chest.

I Just couldn't wait to write this chapter it definitely was too emotional but it's ready.
Sorry for the wait
Don't forget to
Vote
and
Comment ❤️❤️