CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT

XAVIER

My body tenses with the fear that's running through my veins. I feel as suffocated as I did five years ago on that night. My mind can't seem to wrap around the fact that he found me after all these years he still remembers me. It makes me wonder if what happened was really a coincidence. "Isn't it good to finally see my face?" He asks close enough for me to feel his breathe fanning my face. "Oh how much you've grown Baby." His eyes scans my body lustfully. My stomach churns in disgust not liking the way his eyes are undressing me. I don't give him the satisfaction of letting him see how much his mare presence repulses me. He raises his finger to touch my lips but I turn my head away and unfortunately it lightly brushes my cheek. "We're going to have so much fun." I feel him smile against my cheek. I close my eyes tightly hoping if I think hard enough  it's not real, it's all going to disappear. "Well I wish we could continue this but it's not over yet. So come let me show you my other gift." He steps back slowly smirking at me. He nods at the other guy leaving the room. The other guy walks over to me grabbing my hand roughly pushing me forward. "I'm not running away you don't have to be so rough." I snap at him. "Shut up!" He retorts back angrily making me flinch back. Geez who shit in his Cheerios. We walk through some dark hallway that has one light bulb in the middle that's dimming and water drips down the pipe making sounds as it falls down. It kinda looks like a scene out of a horror movie. We take a few more steps before I'm being lead to a door right around the corner.

He opens the door roughly pushing me inside and shutting the door with a bang. "H-Heather." I turn to see Xavier sitting on the floor in the corner. His clothes look so dirty and scruffy. His hair is pointing in all kind of direction I know his been tugging at it stressfully the bags under his eyes makes him look a little older now. "Oh Xavier, What happened to you?" I ask rushing to his side. My heart constricted painfully at the sight of him like this. "What happened?" I ask sitting down next to him. "Some days after you were all healed up I started receiving strange messages from an unknown number. I didn't pay much attention to it because I thought it was just someone pulling a prank on me or some spam number. But after a day or two they started sending a lot of pictures of Ace, Becky, Mom, Dad and you doing regular stuff. From the pictures that we're sent I could see none of you knew that someone was randomly taking pictures of you." He takes a deep breath before continuing. "It completely confused the shit out of me. I didn't understand why someone would be sending me such things so I tried to call the number but it was private. I thought of it a lot, My mind kept on thinking of who'd really send this but to my luck the number called a few days and asked if we could meet and I didn't even think of it I agreed. I narrow my eyes at him. "I know, I know don't give me that look. But I really wanted to get to the bottom of this and I didn't care about the outcome. And maybe I should have." He laughs humourously shaking his head. "A message came shortly It said I should meet them at park alone thirty minutes away from home. So I went, right after I reached the park another text followed. It said to sit by the bench close by and everything would be clear soon. So I went and sat down for another twenty minutes. It all felt sketchy sitting all alone in the park waiting on who knows who but i didn't care when I made up my mind and was about to leave because I thought I was about to be murdered if I stayed any longer. That's when some man came out of the bushes and sat at the far end of the bench. I couldn't see his face but I could tell he was a man and he wasn't that tall nor was he too built. So at least I knew I could take him out if he was there to murder me. After some seconds of silence he told me he didn't want any harm all he wanted was one thing and he'd leave me alone." My eyebrows furrow in confusion. "What did he want?" I ask.

"H-He told me he wanted you." He says slowly looking at me. My expression dropped back in surprise. "W-what Why?" I ask. "That's what I asked. But he told me it was for my own good and it was best if I stay out of it. The first thing that went through my mind was that he was crazy or fucking mental. So I just got up to leave but " he licks his dry lips before speaking. "He said something that perked my interest. I look at encouraging him to continue. "He told me t-that the next person to have an accident won't make it out alive." I gasp in shock. "It was all so weird but the way he said made me second think leaving. He laughed at my reaction and told me not worry that your old friends and everything will make sense in the end. He gave me a few days to think about it or I wouldn't like the out come if he made the choice for me." He turns to face me holding my hands in his lap. "I've been thinking about it since that day that's why I didn't come for lunch last time because I couldn't face you I knew I wouldn't be able to handle it. I just couldn't do it H. I love you like my own sister even though we're not related by blood I'd rather have myself killed. So yesterday I offered myself hoping they'd leave you alone but I can see that didn't work." He says dropping his head defeat. "Hey, it's okay we're going to be okay some how." I smile giving him a reassuring pat on the shoulder hoping he believes me. This all doesn't make any sense why would he want me or use Xavier to lure me out of the house. The door opening breaks my train of thought. "Oh, I see your all settled." He says with chuckle. "What do want you from us you crazy fuck?" Xavier seethes in anger. "I'd watch what I say to me if I we're you." He warns giving Xavier an evil grin. I move Xavier closer to my side protectively in an attempt to shield him away from the man in front of us. "What do you want from us?" I ask him softly this time. His eyes linger a little bit longer on Xavier before he turns to face me. "It's not Xavier I want. It's you." A sweet voice says walking in the room. Shocking Xavier and I. What the actual fuck.

Well
I hope you guys enjoy it
Don't forget to
Vote
Comment ❤️❤️