The heart he put at the end my heart skip a beat. I could feel my face getting hot. Why would he do that? Yeah, the apology and everything, expected but a heart???

Is he trying to lead me on???

I walked out of my room.

"Jonathan?" I said.

"What's up?" He asked. He was in the living room watching tv and eating his cereal. How long does it take for one person to eat one bowl of cereal??

"Did Mike come here earlier?" I ask.

"Uh- Yeah, he did. He put something in your room and asked me not to tell you. I don't know what he out in your room though." Jonathan shrugged. "Why? Is everything okay?"

"He got me a present." I muttered, looking away. I could feel my ears getting warm remembering the heart he put at the end of the letter.

"Oh, that's nice—"

"I don't want it." I said bluntly.

"O-Oh. Why? What was it?" Jonathan asked worried.

"A D&D board." I sighed.

"But why wouldn't you want it?" Jonathan asked, walking up to me, placing his hand on my shoulder.

.
.
.

"See? You don't even have a reason." He laughed. "I know you guys have your differences but I truly believe your quite the match. No matter what was thrown at you guys, your friendship stayed." Jonathan smiled and left to his room after saying that.

I didn't know what to do so I went into El's room and sure enough, Max was there.

"Oh! Hello, Will!" El smiled moving away from Max. There were lipstick stains on Max's lips, cheek, neck and her forehead. There was a tray of chocolate cookies which I can only assume Jonathan made.

"I'm not going to ask what you guys were doing." I muttered closing the door. "Is it okay if I talk to you, Max?"

"Do you want me to leave?" El asked, getting up.

"No, no, no! It's okay, you can stay." I said, sitting down. El sat back down and moved closer to Max.

"So, what's up?" Max asked resting her head on El's lap.

"Well uh—" I muttered. "Y'know how Mike and I haven't been on the best terms??"

"Yeah?" Max questioned.

"Well, he got me a gift and I don't really know how to feel about it." I muttered looking down. I know I was blushing but I didn't make an attempt to hide it.

"Oh. That might have been my fault." El said, pouting. "I don't know what he got you but did you not like it?"

"No, no. I liked it. It's just, he left me this note where he apologised and said happy birthday. I just don't know whether to forgive him or not because it's always the same thing. He upsets me, apologises and I forgive him then it's the same thing over and over again. But I want to friends again and I want to be able to talk to him. I can't help it, I love him." I said frantically.

.
.
.

"Shit." I covered my hand with my mouth. I could feel my face and ears burning. I'm fully aware that Max and El are dating but I still felt immense fear for what they would think about me. Tears began to form in my tears and I tried my best to hold them back, quickly wiping away any that managed to roll down my cheeks.

"We all love Mike what is wrong?" El asked, concerned. I saw Max whisper into her ear. I can only assume that she told her what I really meant by ' I love him '. "Oh, Will." She sighed coming over to me.

She wrapped her arms around me and gave me a hug. I hugged her back and placed my head on her shoulder. I couldn't hold back my years any longer and just started sobbing.

"Will, it's okay." Max reassured, joining in on the hug. "Y'know El and I are dating, right? We aren't going to judge you in any way!" She smiled and let go of me and so did El.

"I know, I k-know I was just scared." I muttered.

"It is okay, Will." El smiled helping me wipe away my tears.

"Was it relieving to say that?" Max asked.

"W-What?" I say, confused.

"Was it relieving to finally get it off your chest?" Max asked.

"Yeah, yeah, it was." I sighed, resting the back of my head on El's bed.

I felt someone pat my head. I looked at her and she offered me a cookie. I gladly took it and bit into it.

El rested her head on my shoulder and we must've spent at least 10 minutes in utter silence (except for little small conversations) waiting for me to calm down. After that, we laughed, played a few games of monopoly, watched a few movies in the living roomed, messed up the kitchen trying to make popcorn and then we fell asleep.

It was a lot fun c:

WORD COUNT: 1396! <3