The mask drops

This update took time because I was trying to write a courtroom drama. It didn't work out and this update too is not that good. I request you all to please read and comment in detail.
Also suggest what more do you want to see?

P.S. I am not a lawyer so the process might be wrong as well.
---

Late at night, Virat comes back home to see Sai resting while reading her case files. 
He comes in, gives a quick peck on her forehead and her tummy and goes to the bathroom to freshen up.

He enquires about her day but his mind seems to be occupied somewhere. 
Sai notices this and asks him to lie down on her lap. Taking care to not lean too much towards her tummy, he rests his one hand on it and holds Sai's in another.

Sai lets him be and runs her fingers through his hair, calming him and he quickly dozes off.
Shifting him to the side, Sai leans back properly to lie down herself. 
An arm snaking through her waist pulls her in tenderly and the warm breath on her neck lulls her to sleep. 

It's the day of the court case and everyone is nervous about the outcome. Virat has left early to ensure everything is in place after having a pensive night.
Sai's statement has already been recorded so as to avoid her going to the courthouse and relieving those moments. 

Ashwini has sent Sai to hospital so that she may not worry about the case and will be occupied. Ninad has brought her back in the evening when Sonali, Omkar, Karishma and Mohit walk in. Virat is still at the courthouse to finish the formalities.

Sonali is looking forlorn and the moment she sees Sai her dam bursts. She quickly walks towards Sai but halts at the last moment. 
Sai understands that it has something to do with whatever that has happened at the courthouse. 
Sai gently extends her hand for Sonali and she runs and sits next to her, sobs now raking her body.

Everyone is surprised but give her time to calm down.
"Kya hua Kaku? Aap aise kyun ro rahi hai?"
In between the sobs, Sonali replies,
"Sai … maine tumhare saath bahot galat kiya… Vahini ka saath dete hue uss Patralekha ke chakkar main tumhe kitna kuch bola…. Jab ki tumne to kabhi mujhse galat baat nahi ki… ulta mere Mohit ka saath diya..  lekin main galat thi. Kya tum mujhe maaf kar paogi???"
"Are Kaku … aap aisa kyun bol rahi hai… maine aisa kabhi nahi socha… please aisa mat boliye"

It is now Karishma's turn to speak up.
"Nahi Sai bhabhi… ye aapka baddappan hai ki aap aisa nahi sochti… Varna isi ghar ki dusri bahu… Patralekha bhabhi ne to aaj naam kharab kar diya"
"Aisa bhi kya hua hai Sonali?" It's Ashwini who interjects now.

Taking her cue, Karishma explains how Patralekha blamed Bhavani Kaku for everything. She told the court that it was Bhavani who wanted to throw Sai out of the house and get Virat married to someone of her choice. That, she instructed Patralekha to think of ways to separate Sai and Virat. That the fake pregnancy too was Bhavani Kaku's idea and Sonali Kaku was party to it. 

A loud gasp from Ashwini startles everyone. 
Sonali, full of remorse now says… "Nahi Vahini… Sai….aisa kuch nahi hai… ye mera idea nahi tha na hi Vahini ka… Haan vo Sai se naraaz thi uski naukri ki baat ko leke aur ye baat unhone Patralekha aur mere saamne kahi thi … lekin ye jhoota iljam lagane nahi bola tha. Vo uska khud ka idea tha"

Sai removes her hand from Sonali’s and Sonali can see the disgust in her eyes. She shifts to the side and bows her head in regret. 

Virat walks in just then and seeing everyone assembled, he comes and sits next to Sai, putting his hand across her shoulders. 

Karishma continues seeing his calm demeanour.
"Ye to kuch bhi nahi Kaku… Patralekha Bhabhi ke lawyer ne unko pata nahi kya samjhaya tha… unhone purani baate bhi shuru kar di… Pulkit Jeeju ke kidnapping ki baat tak. Iss baat ka to koi sambandh hi nahi tha aaj ke case se par phir bhi ye baat discuss hui.”

Devi who has come to Chavan Niwas is now startled.
“Karishma.. Kya bol rahi hai tu? Ab kya mere Pulkit ko bhi court jana padega?”

Virat, who had been listening to all this patiently, now chimes in,
“Abhi nahi Devi Tai… aur aise nahi… agar vo chahe to case file kar sakte hai… phir se nayi chargesheet, naya case hoga aur phir hearing hogi. Tab tak kuch nahi… ab ye Pulkit Jeeju ke haath main hai ki unko case karna hai ya nahi”

Ninad had been listening to all this, now interjects,
“Isme hum sab ki galti hai… meri bhi… maine Vahini ki baaton main aakar Pulkit ko takleef di… Devi ke saath jo bhi ho raha tha use undekha kiya… ye soch ke ki parivaar ka naam kharab na ho… kitna galat tha main… aur phir usi parivaar ki jhooti shaan ke chakkar main Patralekha ko hum sabne kuch jyada hi dheel de di… uski har galat chij ko badhava dete gaye… aur aaj usi ladki ne apni saari galti Vahini ke upar daal di… jaise usne to kuch kiya hi nahi… ab samajh raha hun vo ye sab karne ke liye kyun tayyar thi!!!”

Ninad casts a glance at Virat and Sai at the last line and they both let out a sigh. 
“Lekin Vahini ki bhi galti hai na Ninad aur aapki bhi”
“Maanta hun main Ashwini… aur agar uske liye ab agar saza bhi mile to bhi main tayyar hun. Mujhe pachtawa hai apni un harkato ka. Mujhe vo sab nahi karna chahiye tha”

Sai who has been listening to all this, hints at Virat who takes her hand and they move to their room.
Understanding her hurt and her need to be away from all this, Ashwini quickly reprimands everyone to not discuss the matter anymore and all of them disperse to their individual rooms.

Back in their room, Sai sits in the armchair and closes her eyes. Virat sits in front of her on the ottoman and holds her hands.
She opens her eyes a while later feeling moisture on her hands. She sees him resting his head on their entwined hands, the moisture from the tears wetting her palms.
“I am sorry Sai… I am so sorry… main nahi samajh paaya ki vo kaisi hai… I gave her too much leeway. I let her interfere and in the process spoiled our life. Aur aaj mujhe iss baat ka bhi guilt hai ki meri vajah se… mere uss vaade ki vajah se iss ghar ki sukh shaanti bhang ho gai… mera Jeeva shayad aaj zinda hota…. Agar maine Pakhi ko usse shaadi karne ko force na kiya hota…. Main bewakoof tha…”

Sai shushes him down by running her hands over his back but lets him voice it all out.
Somehow feeling relieved that everything is out in open, Sai makes him look at her and holding his face in her hands, says,
“Aapko na ye wali maafi mujhse nahi… Mansi Bua se maangni chahiye… agar iss sab main sabse jyada kisine khoya hai to Bua ne… Aap jaiye aur unse baat kijiye…. She is all alone and she needs you more than ever now. Vaada kiya tha na Samrat Dada se humne?”
Virat nods through his tears and planting a soft kiss on her head, goes to Mansi Bua’s room.

“Bua, andar aa jau?”
“Aana beta… kya hua? Sab thike? Sai thik hai?”
“Haan Bua… vo thik hai… par main nahi!!!”
“Kyun??? Kya hua???”
Virat sits on the floor near her feet and says,
“Main aapse maafi maangna chahta hu Bua… Jeeva ke liye… maine Pakhi ko force kiya Samrat se shaadi karne ke liye… nahi dekh paaya ki vo kaisi hai… ab sochta hun … kya agar un dono ki shaadi nahi hui hoti to kya situation alag hoti?”

Mansi, who has been listening quietly, swallows a lump in her throat but then gently runs her hand over his head. Virat slumps in her lap and has a good cry again. 
In between he keeps on mumbling,
"I am sorry Bua… I am really sorry!!"

Mansi quietens him down and then says,
"Ye niyati ka khel hai Virat… jo hona tha hua. Maine sweekar kar liya hai… haan humne Patralekha ki vajah se Sai ke saath bahot galat kiya. Isiliye to ab us galti ko sudharne ki koshish kar rahi hun. Mere Samrat ko bhi yahi chahiye tha… uske Mann ko tasalli milegi"

Virat looks up at her and smiles,
"Aap sahi keh rahi hai Bua… aur aap ye mat sochiye ki aap akeli hai… main aur Sai hamesha aapke saath hai"
Mansi kisses his forehead and caresses his cheeks at this. 
Virat reciprocates by touching his forehead to her hands. 
"Ja ab… Sai ka dhyan rakh…"